3 bedroom end of terrace house for saleTower Road, Burnham Overy Staithe, King's Lynn
- Grade II listed conversion
- Three bedrooms
- Two reception rooms and a 2nd floor mezzanine
- Stunning location
- Viewings recommended
West End Mill is a superb conversion of a Grade II Listed water mill house situated along the coast road, benefiting from three double bedrooms, two reception room areas and a stunning 2nd floor mezzanine. Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate the character and charm of this idyllic home.
William H Brown Select are delighted to offer to market this three bedroom property within West End Water Mill in the highly sought after Burnham Overy Staithe. West End Mill is a superb conversion of a Grade II Listed water mill house situated along the coast road, boasting 3 double bedrooms, 2 reception room areas and a stunning 2nd floor mezzanine, where views over the mill pond, River Burn and the surrounding water meadows can be enjoyed. Set in a location designated by the Trust as 'An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' marsh harriers and many different species of birds and wild life can be viewed from the comfort of your own balcony. Viewing is highly recommended to appreciate the character and charm of this idyllic home.
Reception Hall / Dining Room 14' 6" x 14' ( 4.42m x 4.27m )
A beautiful light room with double partially glazed doors with views over the well-manicured private garden. Part wooden panelled walls, traditional pamment tile flooring, exposed ceiling beams, turning staircase to first floor, two electric storage heaters, spot and wall lighting. Door leading to kitchen and opening to back hall with door to bedroom and bathroom.
Kitchen 14' 3" x 6' ( 4.34m x 1.83m )
Fitted with a range of handmade wooden base units with solid oak worktops over, double bowl stainless steel sink with drainer and swan neck mixer tap, John Lewis fitted oven with integrated Bosch ceramic hob, integrated Bosch dishwasher. Tiled splash backs, pamment tiled floor, exposed beam, spot lighting and wooden window to front.
Pamment tiled floor, large walk in linen airing cupboard, space and plumbing for washing machine.
Bedroom One 10' x 10' 4" ( 3.05m x 3.15m )
Lovely double bedroom with window to front where views of the mill pond can be enjoyed. Pamment tiled flooring, exposed beam, fitted wall shelving and electric storage heater.
Panelled bath with electric shower over and shower screen. Pedestal hand wash basin, low level WC.
Sitting Room 14' x 21' max ( 4.27m x 6.40m max )
A stunning bright room with full height vaulted ceiling with exposed beams. Triple Georgian style gable end windows looking out across the wonderful surrounding views and water meadow marked as area of outstanding natural beauty. Partially glazed door leading on to original wooden balcony area. Cast iron log burning stove set on raised pamment tile hearth. 2 electric storage heaters, spot lighting and turning staircase to second floor/ mezzanine.
Bedroom Two 9' 10" x 11' 6" ( 3.00m x 3.51m )
Shuttered window with views along the River Burn, water meadows and church beyond. Electric storage heater and carpeted flooring.
Bedroom Three 9' 3" x 9' 7" ( 2.82m x 2.92m )
Shuttered window, built in single wardrobe, carpeted flooring.
Panelled bath with mixer tap, low level WC and pedestal hand wash basin. Extractor fan, electric fan heater, mirror with light and shaver point.
Mezzanine Reception Room 16' x 14' ( 4.88m x 4.27m )
A delightful space with vaulted ceiling and exposed roof timbers, steel frame and a balustrade balcony looking down to the main sitting room. Roof light window giving elevated views across the mill pond and open countryside around to Burnham Overy Staithe Church. Built-in games cupboard. Electric storage heater.
Externally the property benefits from two parking spaces and a private garden which is laid to lawn and well maintained. The garden is fully enclosed by a brick wall and Burnham willow fencing with an attractive paved terrace, timber shed and wood store. Mill residents also have the benefit of communal outside areas along the river banks.
West End water mill is located in Burnham Overy Staithe, arguably one of the most desirable locations on the North Norfolk coast. The creek is spectacular in all weathers and the walk along the sea bank to the beach is very special. Overy beach is deserted and wildlife is abundant with miles of sand backed by high sand dunes making it a desolate but incredible place. In season terns nest here on the beach and are protected by the Norfolk Wildlife Trust. The Hero pub and restaurant is a couple of minutes walk from the quay side and provides hearty and wholesome food. The Norfolk Coast path runs through Overy Staithe and The Black Windmill owned by the National Trust is a true North Norfolk landmark dominating the skyline for miles.
The property is held under a 99-year repairing lease commencing May 1993. A ground rent of £260 is payable along with an annual service charge, calculated on a floor area basis for all the properties to include buildings insurance. The owners have been paying a service charge in the region of £700-£1000 per annum in recent years which includes the use and maintenance of communal gardens along the river banks. Works in recent years have included repointing to the Mill. A condition of the lease is that externally the building must continue to appear as a water mill. This means no washing may be hung out and no modifications/extensions to the structure.
Constructed of a traditional redbrick and pantile roof the original structure dates back to 1790 and was in operation until 1939 when production ceased and the mill was acquired by the National Trust. The National Trust took West End Water Mill through an ingenious renovation program in 1992 along with support from renowned architect Kit Martin CBE restoring it to its former historical glory.
In recent years the property has been run as a successful holiday let business with many guests making repeat visits and leaving glowing feedback about their stay. Should the purchaser wish to continue with the holiday let business the contents would be available for purchase by separate negotiation.
We currently hold lease details as displayed above, should you require further information please contact the branch. Please note additional fees could be incurred for items such as leasehold packs.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KLN112108. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Kings Lynn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.