4 bedroom detached house for sale5 Shillinghill, Humbie, East Lothian, EH36 5PX
Offers in Excess of
- Rarely-available, this unique B-Listed, Arts and Crafts period, four-bedroom family home, is situated in an idyllic, rural position on the edge of the village of Humbie.
- Full of character, this converted Dining Hall was built in 1923 and is set on an elevated site enjoying spectacular views of the East Lothian countryside.
- Comprising a welcoming entrance vestibule, spacious hallway, bright living room, modern kitchen, master bedroom with en-suite, three further bedrooms, a stylish shower room, and a separate cloak...
- It offers some fine traditional and original features, such as original rosewood flooring, cornicework, and recessed sash and case windows with surround panelling.
- A significant feature of the property is the operational bell tower with four working bells, while further features include a traditional fireplace, multi-fuel wood burning stove, LPG central he...
- The property hasn't yet reached its full potential, with planning permission for the partially-floored attic to create two further dormer bedrooms with en-suites.
- With open countryside views, the property sits on extensive, well-maintained grounds which form the private front and rear gardens, in addition to the spacious driveway, leading to the detached ...
- For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Old-Childrens-Village-Dining-Hall-Shillinghill-Humbie-for-SALE/1579432805626552
- Home Report available online.
Rarely-available, this unique B-Listed, Arts and Crafts period, four-bedroom family home, is situated in an idyllic, rural position on the edge of the village of Humbie. Full of character, this converted Dining Hall was built in 1923 and is set on an elevated site enjoying spectacular views of the East Lothian countryside. Comprising a welcoming entrance vestibule, spacious hallway, bright living room, modern dining kitchen and family room, master bedroom with en-suite, three further bedrooms, a stylish shower room, and a separate cloakroom. It offers some fine traditional and original features, such as original rosewood flooring, cornicework, and recessed sash and case windows with surround panelling. A significant feature of the property is the operational bell tower with four working bells, while further features include a traditional fireplace, multi-fuel wood burning stove, LPG central heating, TV and telephone points, and ample integrated storage space. The property hasn't yet reached its full potential, with planning permission for the partially-floored attic to create two further dormer bedrooms with en-suites. With open countryside views, the property sits on extensive, well-maintained grounds which form the private front and rear gardens, in addition to the spacious driveway, leading to the detached double garage. The antique furniture may be available by separate negotiations. Offering stylish countryside living and an abundance of outdoor pursuits, including fishing, golfing, cycling, walking, and horse riding, the property is still only a short drive from the A68, which makes for quick connection to the Edinburgh City Bypass and surrounding areas, and is just a 25 minute drive from Edinburgh city centre. The recently opened Humbie Hub consists of a shop, cafe, post office and workshop spaces, and further amenities are available at nearby Haddington or Dalkeith, offering a larger selection of shops, pubs, and restaurants. Public schooling is well served in Humbie and nearby West Saltoun, with Knox Academy high school in Haddington. The private sector is served by the Compass school and Belhaven Hill School at primary level, and Loretto school in Musselburgh. For more information on the property, please visit the Old Children's Village Dining Hall facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Old-Childrens-Village-Dining-Hall-Shillinghill-Humbie-for-SALE/1579432805626552
4' 3'' x 4' 1'' (1.29m x 1.25m)
This bright and welcoming entrance vestibule gives access to the spacious hallway, and features attractive Victorian floor tiles, and a central light fitting.
21' 10'' x 13' 4'' (6.66m x 4.06m)
This spacious hallway gives access to the living room, all four bedrooms, and the bathroom. Features include wood flooring, cornice, tall, vertical radiator, and two ceiling light fittings.
23' 3'' x 17' 8'' (7.08m x 5.39m)
This bright and generously-sized public room features two windows to the front with curtain poles and curtains, original rosewood flooring, a traditional fireplace with timber surround and open hearth in black slate, cornice, ceiling rose with pendant light fitting, TV and telephone points, two radiators, and a further tall, vertical radiator. The living room gives access to the kitchen and to the rear garden.
20' 7'' x 15' 2'' (6.28m x 4.62m)
Set off the living room, this rustic, dual-aspect, and exceptionally-spacious dining kitchen provides access to the rear garden via a partially-glazed door. Features and fitments include wall and base units with solid-wood worktops, unit downlights, a six-ring gas cooker with double oven and an extractor fan above, Belfast sink, tiled splashbacks, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge, and freezer. Additional features include an open fireplace with a multi-fule stove, tiled inset and wood surround, ample dining space, two radiators, two ceiling light fittings, windows to the front and side with a mix of roller blinds and Venetian blinds, and wood flooring.
17' 3'' x 9' 2'' (5.25m x 2.80m)
This spacious and carpeted double bedroom is set to the rear of the property, and has twin windows to the rear garden with Venetian blinds, curtain pole and curtains. Features include cornice, radiator, telephone point, and a pendant light fitting. There is ample space for freestanding bedroom furniture, and also access to the en-suite bathroom.
7' 7'' x 6' 6'' (2.31m x 1.97m)
The private en-suite bathroom for the master bedroom has a window to the side, and is fitted with a stylish three-piece suite, wall-fitted mirrored cabinet. tiled flooring, and recessed lighting.
10' 1'' x 9' 3'' (3.08m x 2.82m)
Set to the front of the property, with twin windows overlooking the front garden, this bright and carpeted double bedroom features a radiator, curtain pole and curtains, fitted Venetian blinds, cornice, and a pendant light fitting.
9' 3'' x 8' 10'' (2.83m x 2.68m)
Also set to the front of the property, this good-sized, carpeted double bedroom features twin windows to the front with a curtain pole, curtains and Venetian blinds, telephone point, cornice, radiator, and a pendant light fitting.
9' 7'' x 8' 2'' (2.91m x 2.49m)
Set off the hallway, this single bedroom provides access to the large, partially-floored attic space, which has approved planning permission to be converted into two further bedrooms and an en-suite. Features include carpeted flooring, cornice, a window to the rear with a curtain pole and curtains, an integrated storage cupboard housing the boiler, and a central light fitting.
10' 7'' x 8' 10'' (3.23m x 2.70m)
Set off the hallway, this bright and stylish shower room includes a two-piece suite, including a vanity unit with inset hand basin, concealed-cistern WC, and a spacious shower. Additional features include a recessed window to the side, radiator, and recessed lighting.
6' 4'' x 3' 9'' (1.94m x 1.14m)
This side vestibule provides a secondary entrance to the property and serves the dining kitchen, and WC. Features include tiled flooring, an integrated storage cupboard, and a pendant light fitting.
23' 0'' x 16' 5'' (7m x 5m)
Set to the side of the property, this detached double garage has dual access from the front and side, and is accessed via a gravelled driveway.
5' 3'' x 3' 3'' (1.59m x 0.98m)
Set off the secondary vestibule at the front of the property, this airy cloakroom includes twin windows to the side, a vanity unit with storage and inset hand basin, WC, wall-fitted cabinet, radiator, pendant light fitting, tiled flooring, half-height wood-panelled walls, and dado rail.
The property sits on extensive and well-maintained grounds which make up the private front and rear gardens, incorporating the large, gravelled driveway leading to the spacious, detached garage. In addition to the stunning views, natural lawn, established trees, and gravelled patio area to the rear of the property, there is a paved patio area to the front, with a paved pathway, and planted borders.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4848234. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by MOV8 Real Estate, Scotland Head Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.