4 bedroom detached house for saleTom-An-Oir, Invergarry, Inverness-Shire, PH35
- 4 Bedrooms & 1 Reception Room
- Unique position on the shores of Loch Garry with approximately 250m of loch frontage
- Magnificent views up the loch to Glen Kingie and the mountains of the Knoydart peninsula
- Extensive grounds including native woodland and former jetty and slipway
- In an unspoilt and protected setting with regular sightings of native woodland
- Riparian rights on a top class trout loch
Tom-An-Oir lies on the shores of Loch Garry in a spectacular setting protected by native woodland and with breathtaking views up the loch to Glen Kingie and the mountains of the Knoydart peninsula. Although just a short distance from the Great Glen and its popular tourist destinations, this area is one of the last true wildernesses; a romantic and unspoilt haven providing the ultimate retreat.
Loch Garry is one of a group of lochs in the area that form a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), designated to protect the rare native species they support including black-throated divers, common scooter, wetlands and flora. Sightings of wildlife on and around the loch are frequent and include ospreys, golden eagles, otters, red squirrels and pine martens.
Tom-an-Oir was built in 1966 and carefully positioned within its grounds to take advantage of the spectacular setting. The house has recently been renovated to create an extremely comfortable and well appointed home. The work carried out includes the installation of a new kitchen and bathrooms, the addition of timber decking on the loch side of the house, the installation of a new boiler and pressurised hot water system, drilling a bore hole and installation of a water treatment system and complete internal and external decoration. The focal point of the house is the open plan sitting room, dining room and kitchen where the interconnecting doors fold right back to create one large living area and its large windows give stunning views and sliding doors open to the timber deck. The understated decoration and presentation of the house allows the spectacular setting to take centre stage and creates a restful living environment. The first floor is accessed by a spiral staircase and has two full height rooms with Velux rooflights. These rooms are currently used as a games room and a store room but the potential exists, subject to the necessary consents, for conversion to provide further accommodation.
EPC Rating = E
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53577328.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV150054. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.