3 bedroom detached house for saleHarmby, Leyburn, DL8
Offers in Region of
- A large character farm house in a peaceful Dales village.
- Fully refurbished with all services renewed to a high standard.
- Spacious property with 3 bedrooms and 3 reception rooms.
- Immaculate decorative order with wonderful views.
- Spacious modernized farm kitchen with new slate floor.
- Spacious, warm, reception hall with oak flooring and a feature staircase
- Large balcony overlooking gardens and paddock with views to the River Ure and Wenslydale.
- 3 attached stone sheds, 1 tiled stone enclosure, large stone stable/workshop and stable/car port
- Gardens and land extending to 1.8 acres. Additional graveled parking at front of property.
- Market town of Leyburn within one mile. Good local primary and secondary schools.
We are delighted to offer for sale this 3/4 bedroom detached house in this sought after and convenient location within easy reach of local amenities and public transport links.
A large cottage situated in the quiet village of Harmby near to the bustling market town of Leyburn. The property sits in large grounds with gardens and paddock and has wonderful views of the River Ure, up and down Wenslydale countryside and across to historic Middleham village, its Castle and Moors.
The cottage was redesigned and fully refurbished in2011; this included the conversion of the attached barn and creation of an outstanding property with 3/4 bedrooms, a hall, 2 reception rooms, a living room, kitchen and a large balcony. The plumbing, central heating and electrics were all fully renovated to the highest standard, both to the house and outbuildings. The walls were repointed and all windows double glazed. Professional damp proofing course and wood treatment were carried out. The traditional oak beams and wooden doors within the property have been maintained or reinstated, preserving the traditional look and feel of the cottage.
Internally, on the ground floor there are the new kitchen with slate floor, distressed units and older range cooker, a sizeable living room with a multi-fuel stove and a large hall, reception and dining areas with oak flooring and feature staircase. There is also a cloakroom and WC.
On the first floor, there are three double bedrooms and a second reception area with wooden floor, window and skylight; this could be easily converted back to a fourth double bedroom. The west gable end bedroom has a panoramic window with views of the garden, paddock and hills; this spacious room has access to the large balcony. There is a tiled ensuite shower room with underfloor heating and a separate family bathroom.
Externally the property has 1.7 acres of grounds (large gardens and a paddock). There are several stone out buildings including 3 attached store rooms, two large stable/workroom and stable/car port, and a thick dry stone wall enclosure and path in the garden .
There is a terraced garden to the front of the property with a visitors parking area, and ample spaces on the long driveway and yard. The gardens have been upgraded and are well stocked with (+fruit) trees, hedges and shrubs, a large vegetable plot and large country meadow area.
Land immediately adjacent to the house is within the residential development boundary for planning permission if desired.
The nearby town of Leyburn is a famous market town with many shops, stores, tea-rooms, restaurants and pubs. There is also good local primary and secondary schools.
The impressive well appointed property boasts an attractive and ample living, working and leisure space.
Included are many photographs that accompany this listing and the indicative floor plan for further detail. To fully appreciate this property please arrange a viewing appointment which you can do 24/7 by clicking on the contact link provided.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53627949.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8zr-5byq. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.