4 bedroom detached house for saleDeanburn House, Blackshiels, Pathhead, Midlothian, EH37 5TF
Offers in Excess of
- This beautifully-presented, four-bedroom extended former 18th century toll cottage offers spacious and flexible family accommodation, located in Blackshiels, near Pathhead, Midlothian
- Set in approximately 2.5 acres in a picturesque rural location, the bespoke accommodation is over three levels, and includes a detached garage with potential conversion to a cottage.
- The accommodation is comprised of an entrance hallway, kitchen and lounge, dining room, utility room, lower lounge, upper landing, four double bedrooms all with en-suites, and a family bathroom.
- Highlights include oakwood flooring, a quality integrated kitchen with a range cooker, Jaquzzi bath, dual-aspect rooms, and wood-decked patio with superb countryside views.
- External features include a private multi-car parking area, a large well-tended garden to the side, a wooden bridge crossing the adjacent stream, and a charming selection of local wildlife.
- Home Report available online.
Beautifully-presented, four-bedroom, extended former 18th century toll cottage, set in approx. 2.5 acres in a picturesque rural location, offering spacious and flexible family accommodation, located in Blackshiels, near Pathhead, Midlothian. The ground-floor accommodation features a generous reception hallway giving access throughout; an open-plan kitchen and family room set to the rear featuring French doors to a wood-decked patio offering superb countryside views, quality fitted units with integrated appliances, 7-ring range cooker, ceramic sink, granite worktops and breakfast bar. There is a front-facing dining room; a utility room set internally with worktop, sink and washing machine; two spacious dual-aspect double bedrooms with built-in wardrobes and en-suites; whilst a family bathroom features a Jacuzzi-style bath and twin handbasins. The lower level features a dual-aspect lounge with log burning stove and a door to the garden. The first floor comprises two additional spacious double bedrooms with Velux windows and en-suites. In addition, there is superb storage provision including a floored attic, oil fired heating, and wood-framed double glazed windows. External features include a detached garage with utility connections for a potential conversion to a cottage, extensive multi-vehicle parking area, large well-tended gardens to the side, a wooden bridge crossing a stream to an additional lawn. This charming location also offers a delightful selection of local wildlife.Set just off the A68, this charming location offers rural living, while only being a short and direct drive from the Edinburgh city by-pass with a journey time of less than 20mins. Nearby Pathhead village offers local schooling at primary level, and a good range of local shops and services, whilst Fala Dam has respected nursery. Dalkeith, the nearest large town, offers a broad range of high-street shops, services and amenities, with further shopping available at Fort Kinnaird and Straiton, both offering an extensive list of high-street names, superstores and supermarkets. The open countryside, with numerous paths and riverside walkways, country parks, and the hills and leisure pursuits of the Scottish Borders to the south.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 6365686. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by MOV8 Real Estate, Scotland Head Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.