2 bedroom retirement property for saleHalton Court, 5 Cranfield Walk, Blackheath, London, SE3
- superb retirement apartment
- large south facing balcony
- two bedrooms
- over 55's development
- communal lounge and bar
- non-resident management staff and Careline alarm service
- communal roof terrace and gardens
- social Activities including craft club
- minimum 25% share available
The property is in excellent decorative order and the accommodation comprises; a bright and airy 21'6 x 11'11 living room leading to a semi-open plan modern kitchen and doors to the 30'7 south facing balcony with lovely views. There is large 16'1 x 12'6 master bedroom with built in wardrobes and a jack and jill ensuite wet room and a second double bedroom.
The property is sold for a minimum 25% share, £100,000, with the full value being £400,000.. Current rent payable £727.09 pcm, rent is subject to annual reviews. Service charges are currently £293.85 pcm.
• You have a gross household income of no more than £90,000 per annum when eligible to purchase.
• You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
• You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase or rent.
• Over 55s development
• Non-resident management staff and Careline alarm service
• Lift, lounge, cafe, hairdressing salon, bar/pub, assisted bathing facility
• Communal roof terrace and gardens
• Social Activities including craft club
“Halton Court is not an ordinary purpose-built housing scheme for older people; this stands out as different. It is distinguished by: award winning quality design; very generous private and communal spaces; the scale and range of facilities; a dense urban setting; located on a prominent site of a major regeneration scheme; prioritised for older people seeking to downsize.
Viridian Housing’s Halton Court is a 170-unit scheme for over 55’s, part of Kidbrooke Village, the regeneration of the now demolished Ferrier Estate in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, London. Halton Court provides part of the affordable housing contribution under the Section 106 Agreement for Kidbrooke Village. At design stage the scheme, designed by PRP architects, won the HAPPI category of the 2010 Housing Design Awards; it will surely be a very strong contender if submitted as a completed scheme in the 2014 Awards.
The scheme challenges the orthodoxy of large extra care housing schemes in that, although this is a large scheme with generous facilities, it is firmly a housing-led scheme rather than driven by social care. There are no requirements for residents to have any care needs to live here, and currently any care needs are met through domiciliary care services.
Lettings are made through the choice-based lettings system of RB Greenwich’s housing department rather than social care referrals from social services. However, the scale of this development will allow both on-site care and operation of the scheme to be developed on a more flexible basis than traditional extra care housing”
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53722656.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BLA170848. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Winkworth, Blackheath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.