5 bedroom detached house for saleMore, Bishops Castle, Shrosphire
- Current accommodation comprises six bedrooms, two bathrooms, two sitting rooms and two kitchen/breakfast rooms split into two individual cottages (1 & 2 Old Rectory Cottages).
- Offers superb potential for conversion back into a large detached property (subject to necessary consents)
- About 0.5 acres of gardens with outbuildings
- Lot 2: 0.5 acres paddock with stable and garage/store
Old Rectory is a striking stone and timber built black and white property thought to date back to the late 16th Century. The position, nestled near the 13th Century church, amongst handsome cottages and houses, and surrounded by farmland is the quintessential English country village setting.
The property is currently divided into two cottages, offering good accommodation over three floors and each comprising a kitchen/breakfast room, large sitting room with inglenook, three bedrooms, and a family bathroom.
Old Rectory is a substantial Grade II listed village house which would make a wonderful family home of excellent proportions (subject to the necessary consents).
Old Rectory is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the picturesque village of More, just outside a popular market town.
Boasting market town status since 1249 Bishops Castle still has a thriving livestock market at the auction yard and a popular farmers market to be found in the newly refurbished town hall; fast becoming the rejuvenated heart of Bishops Castle.
There is a fantastic mix of independent shops, museums, cafes, pubs and micro-breweries on the doorstep. Of particular note is The Three Tuns of 1642; the oldest licensed brewery in Britain, and The Castle Hotel which stands on the site of the ancient castle and once owned by Clive of India.
The surrounding countryside makes for excellent cycling and walking.
Nearby Bishops Castle achieved status as a 'Walkers Are Welcome' town was in 2008. The Shropshire Way, Offas Dyke and prehistoric Bronze Age Kerry Ridgeway are found on the edge of the town.
Communications in the area are good with the A488 linking Shrewsbury in the north and the A49 located a few miles away. Rail links are found at Craven Arms and Church Stretton on the main line Manchester to Cardiff.
The grounds of approximately ½ acre are made up of well-kept lawn, mature Beech hedging, and specimen trees. The property benefits from a private drive off the quiet country lane which sweeps round to a gravel parking area. The position and views offer scope to create something very special.
Adjacent to Old Rectory is a small but useful grass paddock with access from the private drive and benefitting parking, stable and garage/store.
Available by separate negotiation.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53733487.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LUD160055. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Ludlow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.