3 bedroom terraced house for saleChurch Street, Beaminster, Dorset
- Charming and substantial double fronted period townhouse.
- 3 Main Bedrooms, Large Attic/Playroom, Bathroom, 2 Reception Rooms, Kitchen/Breakfast Room.
- For Improvement
- Distant Church & Country Views
- Many Character Features
- Courtyard with Studio/Garden Room
- No Forward Chain
Enjoying a picturesque and highly convenient location in the heart of the town - a substantial period house in need of improvement. The property is Listed Grade II of Architectural or Historic Importance and estimated to date back some 150 – 200 years with main walls of brick and natural stone. It has been under the current ownership for some 30 -35 years and general modernisation is now required. The accommodation is extensive and arranged over 3 floors with a whole number of character features typical of its age and type including part sash windows, stripped pine doors and panelling, fireplaces including an inglenook with solid fuel cooker range, window seat, vaulted ceilings with exposed roof beams and wide exposed floor boards. From the upper floors there are pleasant views over the town roof tops to the church and surrounding countryside.
There is also the benefit of a private west facing courtyard and a very useful studio/summerhouse/garden room.
There is unrestricted on lane parking, together with short stay parking in the main square and long stay parking at Yarn Barton (permits available).
At the rear is a very private and well sheltered walled courtyard garden with brick pathways and pebbles together with a BRICK BUILT STUDIO/SUMMERHOUSE/GARDEN ROOM.
Adjoining the house is a BRICK BUILT BOILER STORE with central heating boiler and plumbing for washing machine.
Church Street is a very picturesque location just off the Square and close to the Church in the heart of this beautiful Dorset town. Beaminster Square is surrounded by historic Georgian/Victorian buildings and provides a focal point with excellent facilities. The town is a Conservation Area and the immediate locality is designated as being One of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Access to open countryside is within only a few minutes walk.
The stunning World Heritage Jurassic Coast is within only about 15/20 minutes driving distance at West Bay with its attractive harbour and bathing beaches. The thriving market town of Bridport is only about 6 miles. There are main line rail services to London at Crewkerne, again about 6 miles and the larger centres of Dorchester and Yeovil are both within 30 minutes drive.
THE AGENT SAYS
"A very attractive and substantial period house offering tremendous potential in a prime picturesque location". Martin Bowen-Ashwin, Director, Humberts, Bridport.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI170396. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, covering Dorset. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.