5 bedroom detached house for saleGrange Road, Shanklin, Isle of Wight
- 5 bedroom detached home
- Refurbished throughout
- Spacious accommodation
- 4 bathrooms
- Immaculate landscaped garden with beautiful features
- EPC energy rating E (47)
From the moment you pull onto the driveway you will be struck by the presence of this grand property, it’s the perfect mix of period charm and modern touches both inside and out. Step inside through the large original front door and into the hallway, which has a high ceiling, ornate radiator and a period staircase. The lounge and dining area has two floor to ceiling windows which flood the rooms with light and an open fire place which gives a more cosy feel on a cold winter’s night. The study makes an ideal place for those who work from home or could easily double up as a sixth bedroom when the occasion arises. In most properties the kitchen is the heart of the home and this one is no exception, with lot’s of space and the original butler bells adds to the period charm. The kitchen/breakfast room has numerous units and plenty of work tops, combined with a double range style cooker and with enough room for a table; it is a perfect spot to have your breakfast. Along with the kitchen/breakfast room a spacious utility area provides additional preparation room and storage. A rainwater harvesting system provides water for the toilets, washing machine and outside taps. As if that’s not enough a fully equipped wet room completes the downstairs accommodation and adds to the convenience of this wonderful home. The rear enclosed garden is a real haven to relax and enjoy the summer sun, a large decked area, partly shaded by a pergola has a small bridge over a wonderful flowing water feature.
What the Owner says:
It has been a real labour of love updating and bringing back what was a very tired, dated house, to what we hope you will love as much as we do. After 5 very happy years here we are looking for something a little bit smaller but will miss the great location, everything we need for day to day life is within easy reach. We have enjoyed many visits from our large family and the spacious flexible accommodation always lends itself perfectly for such occasions.
- Entrance Hall
- Dining Area: 15'8 x 13'6 (4.78m x 4.12m)
- Lounge Area: 15'5 x 13'5 (4.70m x 4.09m)
- Study: 12'2 x 11'0 (3.71m x 3.36m)
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 17'9 x 14'1 (5.41m x 4.30m)
- Utility Area: 10'2 x 9'1 (3.10m x 2.77m)
- Wet Room
- Bedroom 1: 13'5 x 11'0 (4.09m x 3.36m)
- En-Suite Shower Room
- Bedroom 2: 15'7 x 13'6 (4.75m x 4.12m)
- Bedroom 3: 13'7 x 13'6 (4.14m x 4.12m)
- Bedroom 4: 11'0 x 10'11 (3.36m x 3.33m)
- Bedroom 5: 10'11 x 6'5 (3.33m x 1.96m)
- Family Bathroom
- Front Garden
- Rear Garden
- Off Road Parking
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54045742.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60618365. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pittis, Shanklin. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.