4 bedroom detached house for saleSchool Lane, Southam, Cheltenham, GL52
- STUNNING DETACHED CHARACTER HOME SYMPATHETICALLY UPDATED WITH MODERN CONVENIENCES, SITUATED IN A CHARMING VILLAGE LANE WHILST ENJOYING OUTSTANDING SOUTHERLY VIEWS
- entrance lobby & hall
- sitting room and dining/family room
- kitchen/breakfast room
- utility room and large store room
- ground floor shower room and 3 bath/shower rooms (2 en-suite)
- master bedroom with dressing room and 3 further bedrooms
- gas ch and double glazed
- garage & driveway parking for 3/4 cars & glorious private landscaped gardens
- No onward chain
A beautifully renovated detached period cottage in the heart of Southam enjoying a wonderful outlook towards the surrounding hills offered for sale with no onward chain
Forge Cottage is an attractive period home which has been comprehensively renovated in recent years with great care and attention to detail. Approached via an impressive lobby with feature roof over-hang, leading into a hall with staircase to first floor and oak doors into the main reception rooms. The sitting room is well balanced with a gas stove from Chesneys and the dining/family room is similarly proportioned with a brick open fireplace, door to utility and an opening leading into the kitchen/breakfast room. Refitted with stylish Shaker style units, a large Belfast sink, granite worktops and integrated appliances, the kitchen has bi-fold doors connecting with the outside providing a perfect vantage point to enjoy the garden from. There is also a shower room (off the utility room) and large store room with a lower ceiling height which could potentially be adapted for use as a study/office. Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms, the master benefiting from a private dressing/TV room, en suite facilities in two of the bedrooms and a family bathroom. Gravelled and paved driveways provide parking for 3/4 cars and an attached garage has an electric door. Facing south, the gardens are a particularly fine feature of this home, planted with a variety of trees and shrubs, whilst tiered lawns and patio/seating areas provide great interest and a beautiful aspect across the village towards surrounding countryside. Forge Cottage is offered for sale with no onward chain.
Set along an idyllic village lane in the heart of Southam, with open views and nearby Cotswold walks at the foot of Cleeve Hill. There is an excellent range of amenities approximately 1 mile away in Prestbury village whilst Cheltenham town centre is about 3 miles away. Centre for the Cotswolds, Cheltenham is a beautiful and prosperous town with notable splendid Regency architecture reflecting its heritage. Cheltenham is a superb place for shopping with an abundance of main high street shops, specialist boutiques, cafes and restaurants. Education is very well catered for including The Cheltenham Ladies' College, Cheltenham College, Pates Grammar School, St. Edward’s and Dean Close. There are excellent sporting facilities in and around Cheltenham including indoor and outdoor swimming facilities, numerous golf courses and tennis, squash, hockey and croquet clubs. Host to annual cultural festivals including music, literature and jazz, the town is equally famous for horse racing and the annual Gold Cup. Communications are excellent with easy access to the M5 and there are regular train services to London Paddington in just over 2 hours.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54151002.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CCN180139. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by CJ Hole, Cheltenham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.