5 bedroom detached house for saleDown Stables, Manor Road
- Luxurious Country Hideaway
- Converted historic stables
- 4115 sq ft accommodation
- Striking vaulted social space
- Stunning kitchen / entertaining
- Private 0.41 acre grounds
- Very discreet setting
- 5 Bedroooms
- 4 Bathrooms
A LUXURIOUS DOWNLAND HIDEAWAY: A substantial period stable conversion of considerable quality set in a discreet location
BERKSHIRE DOWNS ESCARPMENT
Wantage c. 0.8 miles Didcot Parkway Station c.9 miles Oxford c.17.4 miles
An extraordinary house created from the intelligent conversion of the former historic Godolphin Stables. A bucolic rural setting above the picturesque market town of Wantage provides the house with the balance of rural life yet connected to essential amenities. A striking vaulted social space provides the core reception room areas and incorporates the beautifully appointed kitchen, which is set around an architectural spiral staircase that rises to a galleried snug. There are five bedrooms in all, served by four beautifully appointed bathrooms.
Cloaks, Laundry, Boot room, Garaging with studio / office above. Private 0.41 acre landscaped grounds.
(TOTAL FLOOR AREA: c.4115 sq ft)
GUIDE PRICE: £1.25 Million
Directions - From the market square in Wantage proceed out of the southern corner in to Newbury Street and at the traffic lights proceed straight on into Manor Road and proceed up the hill. After around 0.5 mile look for the large high brick gate piers signposted Downs Stables on your left. Enter through the gateway and branch sharp right and proceed straight ahead to the discreet entrance to Kirkstone Pass and you will also see the property's cart-shed style garaging on your right.
Viewing - Contact: Gavin West
(t) 01865 510000 firstname.lastname@example.org
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54265365.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27846850. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Butler Sherborn, Summertown. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.