5 bedroom character property for saleSlad Lane, Bylaugh, Dereham
- Five bedrooms
- Luxury swimming pool complex
- Detached quality holiday cottage
- 1.5 acres (STMS)
- No onward chain
A superb five bedroom family bungalow offering very spacious and beautifully appointed accommodation. Detached two bedroom luxury holiday cottage or annexe and swimming pool complex.Perfect for dual occupation or income generation and with no immediate neighbour. Exceptional and unique.
Oak Farm was acquired by the current owners in the early 1990s as a derelict farm set in a mature plot of around 1 ½ acres (STMS) with views across the surrounding farmland. The main bungalow offers spacious flexible accommodation which includes an oak Kitchen with granite worksurfaces, Dining Room, large Family and Sitting Rooms sharing a double sided wood burner, five Bedrooms, two of which are En-Suite, two further Bathrooms, a fantastic Games Room and Pool Complex with kidney shaped pool, Jacuzzi, seating area changing and shower rooms, WC and pool room. Within the grounds a former milking parlour has been converted to create a profitable holiday cottage.
Plastered and coved ceiling with recessed lighting, pamment style flooring, wood effect UPVC double glazed window to the side aspect, glass panelled door opening into the:-
Plastered and coved ceiling with recessed lighting, pamment style tiled floor, radiator, alarm control panel, boiler cupboard with double doors, opening to dining area, door to cloakroom.
Low level WC, a ceramic bowled wash hand basin with a chrome mixer tap over, set on a timber pedestal, tiled splash backs, radiator, obscured wood effect UPVC double glazed window to the side aspect, pamment style flooring.
Coved and plastered ceiling, pamment style flooring, television point, wood effect UPVC double glazed double doors onto a terrace, television point, door into the family room, opening to:-
A quality fitted oak kitchen featuring two pull out larder cupboards, and wicker storage baskets, granite work surfaces, integrated Miele dishwasher, integrated microwave, fitted halogen hob with a glass and stainless steel cooker hood over, along with matching granite wet boarding, fitted stainless steel double oven and warming tray, inset sink with a swan neck mixer tap over, space and plumbing for an American style fridge freezer, coved and plastered ceiling, under unit lighting, UPVC double glazed window to the front aspect.
A spacious dual aspect room with wood effect UPVC double glazed windows to the rear and side aspects, a beautiful double sided brick fireplace with a tiled hearth, timber mantle and an inset double sided cast iron wood burner which warms both the family room and the sitting room, coved and plastered ceiling with recessed lighting, television point, telephone socket, two radiators, door to inner hall, glass panelled door to sitting room.
Another substantial dual aspect room with a wood effect UPVC double glazed window to the rear and double doors which open onto a second terrace. This light and airy room offers beautiful vistas across the gardens and incorporates the double sided fireplace, laminate wood effect flooring, coved and plastered ceiling with recessed lighting, radiator, television point.
A long hallway with wood effect flooring, a coved and plastered ceiling with recessed lighting, access to roof space, radiator, storage cupboard, access into the bedrooms, family bathroom, study/fifth bedroom and games room.
Featuring a dressing area with a walk in wardrobe and a door into the bedroom with a wood effect UPVC double glazed window overlooking the garden, built in wardrobes, plastered and coved ceiling with recessed lighting, radiator, door to:
A sumptuous en suite bathroom with a spa bath, large shower cubicle, low level WC, his and hers wash hand basins fully integrated in an extensive vanity unit, heated chrome towel rail, plastered and coved ceiling with recessed lighting, obscures wood effect UPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect.
Plastered and coved ceiling, radiator, built in wardrobes, decorative alcoves, wood effect UPVC double glazed window to the front, door to
En-Suite Shower Room
A fully tiled room with a generous cubicle with a rain forest shower, pedestal wash hand basin, low level WC, heated towel rail, radiator, a fitted mirror with lighting, airing cupboard with double doors.
Built in wardrobe, wood effect UPVC double glazed double doors onto an enclosed terrace at the front of the property, radiator, built in wardrobe.
Wood effect UPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect, built in wardrobe, radiator.
Study/ Bedroom Five
Wood effect UPVC double glazed window to the rear aspect, radiator, built in wardrobe, coved and plastered ceiling.
Another elegant bathroom suite comprising of an oversized freestanding, double ended bath, a large shower cubicle with a rainforest shower, low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin, radiator, a mixture of black and white tiling, plastered and coved ceiling with recessed lighting, obscured UPVC double glazed window to the front aspect.
A superb multipurpose room which is currently home to a pool table with a separate seating/gaming area. This space could easily be used as a bedsit or made into an annexe. There is also a selection of fitted cabinets and a worktop which create a kitchen area, ideal for entertaining. From here there is access into the swimming pool complex and a door into a further bathroom.
A suite comprising of a panelled bath, shower cubicle, low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin, tiled splash backs, slate effect tiled flooring, recessed lighting, a cupboard with space and plumbing for a washing machine and space for a tumble dryer.
The Grounds And Setting
The property is accessed via double wrought iron gates which open up onto a large sweeping pea shingled drive, offering ample parking and leading onto a block paviour drive which gives access into the double garage which has twin up and over doors, power and lighting, along with an adjoining workshop. The whole site is enclosed by a mixture of mature and properly maintained hedges and fencing and incorporates formal lawned gardens, specimen trees and shrubs, a small orchard and two paved terraces. The large lawned area to the rear of the property could have an array of uses from a football pitch to a miniature farm!
Swimming Pool Complex
Purpose built building with everything you need including a changing room, shower room incorporating a WC, a large relaxation area, 3 radiators, soft wall lighting, 2 dehumidifier units, a fully equipped pump room with independent boiler. The kidney shaped pool has a 2 meter maximum depth, with an adjoining Jacuzzi. From the pool area double doors open onto a sun terrace and BBQ area.
Adjoining the pool complex is a store room and double garage having twin up and over doors and workshop. Within the grounds you will discover a detached barn conversion which was originally used to milk cows but now acts as a profitable holiday cottage
Oak Farm Cottage
This detached single storey barn conversion comes fully equipped and is currently being used as a profitable high end holiday let. This character cottage boasts vaulted ceilings with exposed beams, an open fire in the sitting room, a contemporary kitchen/dining room, three bedrooms, two of which are doubles, an en-suite shower room, family bathroom and utility room. The holiday cottage has its own independent oil fired central heating system, double glazed windows and a private enclosed courtyard garden which really catches the sun and is the perfect place to relax.
William H Brown would like to make you aware that the owner of this property is a relative of an employee of William H Brown.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54324250.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1101218. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.