4 bedroom detached house for saleDawnay House Farm, Easingwold
Superb, privately situated, modern family house with outbuildings, a long drive and 42 acres. York only a short drive away.
Entrance and staircase hall, cloakroom, boot room, open plan kitchen/breakfast/living room with oil fired Aga, utility room, wc, snug, dining room, drawing room, study
Principal bedroom with bathroom en suite, guest bedroom with shower en suite, 2 further double bedrooms, family bathroom, attics
The Dairy: garden room, games room and store
2 general purpose agricultural buildings with indoor tennis court and basketball court
Railed paddocks, woodland, gardens and grounds
In all some 42 acres
Dawnay House Farm, Dawnay Lane, Easingwold, North Yorkshire, YO61 3NN
This property has a number of winning components: firstly there is the house, beautifully presented and designed to a classical style that echoes the architecture from the Georgian period; then there is the private, parkland setting - Dawnay House Farm is reached via a sweeping, tree-lined drive and sits at the heart of its own land with glorious views to all sides; finally, there is the immeasurable benefit of being located just a mile or so outside the much-loved market town of Easingwold.
• Superb family house of over 2600 sq ft with ‘The Dairy’ of over 1600 sq ft
• Built circa 2008 – low running costs
• Electric gate access and impressive, tree-lined drive
• Magnificent, bespoke kitchen with 2-oven Aga and integrated units
• Breakfast/dining area seating a family in comfort
• Formal drawing room with open fire and doors to gardens on south side
• Grand reception hall with wonderful, sweeping oak staircase
• Potential to turn The Dairy into self-contained accommodation (subject to consents)
• 42 acres in all with amenity land and oubuildings – ideal for an equestrian buyer or smallholding purchasers
• Close to Easingwold and the A19, easy commute to York
Dawnay House Farm enjoys a private, rural setting, tucked away down a long drive. The house itself sits at the centre of its land, with all the land and buildings benefiting from good vehicular access. The general purpose farm building fronts open fields, and the land is divided into useful paddocks with three small coppices of trees. Adjoining the house is a south facing stone-flagged terrace that provides open vistas across the wide open lawns and pastures beyond.
Easingwold 1 mile, York 12 miles, Thirsk 11 miles, 20 minute commute to York. (Distances and times approximate)
Dawnay House Farm stands in rural surroundings, yet is only a short drive or bike ride from all the facilities of Easingwold, a much loved market town. Here, there are supermarkets, butchers, a chemist and stationer, petrol garage and BATA store to name a very few. Buses run to York, and the A19 trunk road by-passes the town. There is a popular secondary school in the town and access is easy to various alternatives: St Peters and Bootham schools in York, Cundall Manor, Ampleforth College and Ryedale School.
Services Mains water, electricity and private drainage
Local Authority Hambleton District 01609 779977
Photographs & Particulars: Spring 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.
For more photos and details regarding this property visit www.blenkinandco.com
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54415512.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8670584. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Blenkin & Co, York. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.