5 bedroom country house for saleDevauden, Chepstow, Monmouthshire
- Charming Period Country House particularly suited to those with Equestrian Interests
- Five Bedrooms, Master With En-Suite, Family Bathroom
- Kitchen/ Breakfast Room, Three Reception Rooms
- Indoor Swimming Pool & Conservatory
- Pantry with original dressers, Utility Room, Laundry Room, WC/ Cloakroom
- Additional Two Bedroom Cottage In Grounds attached to Barn (offering conversion possibilities subject to necessary consents)
- Original Stables, Outbuildings providing stabling/garaging/storage.
- Private Gardens & Circa 18.45 Acres (7.47 Hectares) of Pastureland
- Pastureland divided into paddocks bounded by hedgerows/post and rail fencing with large modern barn
- Edge of Village location with convenient access to M48/M4 Motorways. Chepstow (5 Miles), Monmouth (10 Miles), Bristol (22 Miles), M48/M4 (8 Miles)
A charming period country house on the edge of the village of Devauden with spacious grounds.
The Dorretts is believed to have been built in 1905 for a prominent shipping family on the site of a much older dwelling. With views to the rear of the Village Green, the house has rolling countryside to the south facing front and a useful selection of outbuildings and a cottage on the yard, to the side. A central hall leads on to the large reception rooms with period features such as handsome fireplaces, parquet floors, picture and dado rails and prominent bay windows overlooking the gardens. The kitchen has an oil-fired AGA inset in a chimney breast with a range of kitchen units, whilst useful rooms such as the utility and laundry room are off. A handsome staircase leads up to a large well lit landing and on to the five bedrooms and two bathrooms, one of which is en-suite with attractive views to the south. There is a large indoor swimming pool with pump and changing rooms and sauna with a conservatory adjoining, overlooking the gardens.
The Dorretts is situated on the edge of the small village of Devauden amidst exceptionally beautiful countryside a few miles to the west of Chepstow. The historic town has extensive shops, schools and professional services and is famous for its medieval castle and racecourse, whilst the village itself has a small garage with a traditional shop attached. There are excellent state and private schools in the vicinity including Haberdashers’ Monmouth for boys and girls and St Johns-On-The Hill. A good bus service is available to these schools from the village. The M48 and M4 provide good access to Bristol, the major centres of South Wales and London. There are rail stations at Chepstow and Severn Junction, whilst Bristol Parkway has a rapid service to London Paddington.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54427212.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4868041. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Newland Rennie, Chepstow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.