4 bedroom link detached house for saleBlackwater, Newport, Isle of Wight
- Four double bedrooms
- Stunning character features
- Ample off road parking
- Attractive well-kept gardens
- Two receptions rooms & study
- Mid-17th century home
Originally dating back to the mid-17th century, this wonderful grade II listed character home is substantially larger than you would visualise from its façade. On entering the home the property immediately boasts its character features with attractive wooden panelling adorning its hallway. The inner hallway of the home offers a fantastic light space assisted by a roof light on the first floor and still offers an impressive flagstone floor.
The ground floor gives the option of three impressive reception spaces, which overlook the enveloping gardens and two of which give direct access to the verandah with attractive full length strawberry gothic windows. The property became an 'attached' home some 100 years after its original build and is only attached to its neighbour at one section of the rear of the property.
The kitchen is a classic country kitchen with a beautiful dual fuel Esse range, with an abundance of storage and a view over the well-kept side garden, where again strawberry gothic window doors lead onto the patio. In addition there is a sizable utility room with a ground floor cloakroom.
The first floor, offers four double bedrooms, with ample space for a family with a large modern bathroom and a range of original fireplaces ranging across the eras, with stunning examples of both Georgian and Victorian.
The garden has been planted and manicured by its current owners, with a formal lawn and patio area to the side of the home and a wealth of mature shrubs and trees. The large workshop offers enormous scope for any buyer at over 16ft in length and access doors to each side. The summerhouse is perfectly placed overlooking the pond and the copse at the end of the garden, with an assortment of beds and ample space for growing vegetables.
This beautiful home is a pleasure to discover, and with easy access to the Islands principal shopping town and central for all ferry crossings to the mainland it is sure not to disappoint.
What the Owner says:
This property has been our family home for forty years. It was our love of the history of the place, together with the large gardens and surrounding countryside for our, then young, children that made us buy it.
The house and garden are never more alive now than when our grandchildren (and friends) come to stay.
The history is well documented in quill pen-scribed deeds that come with the house and we have endeavoured to retain its character and period features.
The oak panelling in part of the entrance hallway is reliably reputed to have come from Nelson's ship 'The Thunderer' that fought in the battle of Trafalgar.
John & Judith
- Entrance Hall: 14'4 x 6'0 (4.37m x 1.83m)
- Study: 10'3 x 7'6 (3.13m x 2.29m)
- Lounge: 14'10 x 13'11 (4.52m x 4.24m)
- Inner Hallway
- Dining Room: 11'8 x 9'4 (3.56m x 2.85m)
- Kitchen / Breakfast Room: 13'10 x 11'5 (4.22m x 3.48m)
- Utility Room: 11'3 x 8'1 (3.43m x 2.47m)
- Bedroom 1: 14'11 x 14'1 (4.55m x 4.30m)
- Bedroom 2: 12'5 x 10'6 (3.79m x 3.20m)
- Bedroom 3: 14'0 x 11'3 (4.27m x 3.43m)
- Bedroom 4: 12'0 x 9'4 (3.66m x 2.85m)
- Bathroom: 11'0 x 7'8 (3.36m x 2.34m)
- Front Garden
- Side Garden
- Rear Garden
- Workshop: 16'10 x 10'8 (5.13m x 3.25m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60901081. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.