3 bedroom character property for saleBridge Street, Helperby, York
- Beamed Sitting Room with Period Fireplace
- Snug with Stunning Period Range
- Large L-Shaped Dining Kitchen
- Ground Floor Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms + Dressing Room/Study
- Oil Fired Radiator Central Heating
- Cobbled Forecourt & Carport
- Brick Built Garage
- Delightful Rear Garden
- No Onward Chain
** NEW PRICE & NO ONWARD CHAIN** A characterful 3 bedroomed cottage with origins believed to date back to the 18th Century and an enchanting history, which includes secret steps down to what may have been a monk’s bolt hole or a secret tunnel to either the chapel next door or for smugglers bringing up their contraband from the nearby River Swale. This charming cottage also boasts 3 reception rooms, a dressing room, an original Barnitts range and a delightful rear garden complemented by off road parking and a small garage.
An entrance lobby leads off into a beamed sitting room with open fireplace and a charming beamed snug (presently used as a formal dining room) with terracotta tiled floor, built-in storage cupboards and a stunning beautifully restored range made by Barnitts of York.
The impressive 19’4” long L shaped dining kitchen features further terracotta tiled flooring, generous worktops, freestanding appliance space and double doors out into the delightful rear garden. An inner lobby and latched door opens into the bathroom which is where the secret steps can be found that lead down to the sealed off tunnel.
The first floor landing leads off into a master bedroom with open fireplace, a single bedroom and a dressing room/study or occasional bedroom which opens into the 2nd bedroom with another period open fireplace.
Externally there is a cobbled forecourt and a covered driveway which provides parking, (plus pedestrian access for the 3 neighbouring cottages) and access into the brick built storage garage/workshop (12’10” x 9’10”) with power and light connected. The rear garden provides a delightful low maintenance area which is predominantly paved with shrub borders.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54836079.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27945335. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Stephensons, Boroughbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.