3 bedroom detached house for saleExclusive countryside backwater in Bourton near Wick St. Lawrence
Offers in Region of
- Idyllic country cottage
- Character filled, charming and very cosy home
- Three bedrooms and lots of ground floor space
- Great scope to extended subject to usual planning permission
- Outstanding gardens in a glorious rural setting
- Easy to commute to Bristol Bath or Weston super Mare
Idyllic stone fronted country cottage set in expansive gardens with glorious countryside surrounds - Situated in a pretty and exclusive countryside backwater, this detached house provides a highly sought after rural home. The cottage is situated in a country lane between Wick St. Lawrence and the A370 well away from main roads. The cottage has been owned by the present owners for somewhere in the region of thirty years and has been a lovingly cared for and vibrant home. The cottage itself enjoys a well proportioned layout, inclusive of three double size bedrooms and bathroom to the first floor, with the ground floor enjoying a pretty sitting room with fireplace and adjoining study area, dining hall and kitchen/breakfast room. Enhancing the external facade there is tastefully chosen double glazed windows and in more recent years, state of the art oil fired central heating system.
Outside, the grounds are simply spectacular! They include large areas of sweeping lawn with a wonderful mix of mature trees, hedges, flowers, shrubs and two greenhouses which the vendors used for their horticultural business. For wild life enthusiasts this cottage is an absolute must!. The cottage is accessed from Ebdon Lane with the rear of the property offering ample parking which leads to a large garage/workshop with an adjacent outside w.c. and fuel store.
Lilac Cottage is only a short distance from the wide range of shopping facilities in Worle and Weston-super-Mare. For those looking to commute the motorway junction of the M5 is just down the road with mainline railway connecting at Worle.
All in all Lilac Cottage must be described as idyllic, with early interest strongly anticipated.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8849623. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mark Templer Residential Sales, Lettings and Property Management, Yatton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.