5 bedroom detached house for saleStaverton, Devon, TQ11
- A well-presented country house with a contemporary design
- Kitchen/breakfast room with original slate floor
- Three reception rooms; two of which have large French windows leading to the south facing terrace
- 4/5 bedrooms (master ensuite)
- Extremely attractive gardens and grounds including a lake
- Running water, orchard and paddock
- Detached car port with gym area
A stunning Georgian farmhouse with fabulous grounds of 2.4 acres. A well-presented country house with a contemporary design. Large kitchen/breakfast room. 4/5 bedrooms (master en-suite). Detached carport with gym area. Highly sought-after area close to excellent schools.
Situation - Wash House is located on the outskirts of the popular parish of Staverton which lies approximately 3 miles to the north of Dartington and 4 miles from Totnes. There is easy access to the A38 Devon Expressway with its connections to the main cities of Plymouth and Exeter and the M5 motorway network beyond.
There is a mainline railway station at Totnes linking directly to London Paddington. Staverton lies on the banks of the River Dart and has a strong community, centred on the village church and a popular public house, The Sea Trout. The well regarded Landscove Primary School and St Christopher's Prep School for 2-11 are only a short drive away. In addition to the Sea Trout. The property is exceptionally well situated to enjoy two other very good eating establishments.
The Live and Let Live restaurant/public house in Landscove has recently undergone refurbishment and has a footpath from the house leading directly to it and Riverford Field Kitchen which is nearby.
Description - This mainly Georgian family home has been in the same ownership for 25 years and the vendors have recently undertaken a programme of sympathetic renovation, retaining much charm and character throughout.
Wash House has the advantage of not being Listed although parts of Wash House date back to the 18th century with the former kitchen, now used as the dining room of the property. Wash House is offered in excellent internal decorative order throughout, with double glazing and bespoke timber sash windows. The gardens and grounds are a particular delight.
Viewing - Strictly by prior appointment with Stags on 01803 865454
These particulars are a guide only and should not be relied upon for any purpose.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54921264.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27957417. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Stags, Totnes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.