5 bedroom detached house for saleWinterborne Stickland, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 0NS
- Reception hall
- Dining Room
- Sitting Room
- Drawing room with delightful loggia
- Kitchen/Breakfast room and seperate utility
- 5 bedrooms (1 with ensuite facilities)
- Second floor with potential for conversion (STPC)
- Old Malt House workshop with potential for conversion (STPC)
- Gardens, off road parking, in all 0.455 acres (approx.) Superfast broadband.
A charming Grade II Listed family house with delightful gardens set in this popular village.
The Old Malt House is a charming Grade II Listed country house of mainly attractive brick and flint elevations under a pitched, thatched roof. Dating back to the 18th Century, the house itself is believed to have originally been three cottages. The attached old malt house building with impressive inglenook fireplace is currently utilised as a garage/workshop but provides potential for conversion (STPC). There is an abundance of period features throughout to include leaded light windows, inglenook fireplaces, and flagstone floors. The decorative plastered ceiling and curved alcoves in the impressive drawing room are a delightful feature. The well-appointed and versatile accommodation is arranged over two floors with a further second floor within the loft space. With leaded light dormer windows this space has potential for conversion to provide further accommodation if required (STPC).
The Old Malt House has private, mainly lawned gardens with rockery and a large terrace adjoining a delightful loggia and a separate kitchen garden for vegetables.
To the front of the property is a paved, walled area with cast iron railings and two gates providing access to both entrances. There is a brick paved driveway giving access to the garage/workshop and providing off-road parking for 1-2 cars. A pathway leads along the side of the house and opens out into the wonderful, gently sloping lawned garden with rockery areas and a pond. There is a large paved terrace which adjoins the loggia, providing a delightful outdoor seating area with views over the village and onto open countryside.
The Old Malt House is located within popular village of Winterborne Stickland. Surrounded by beautiful Dorset countryside, Winterborne Stickland is located just 4 miles (approx.) from the Georgian market town of Blandford Forum and 14 miles (approx.) from the county town of Dorchester. The village itself provides a busy Public House, a Church and a Pre-School.
There is a regular bus service to both Blandford Forum and Dorchester where further amenities include shopping, commercial and sporting facilities. The larger towns of Poole and Bournemouth are approximately 17 and 22 miles respectively with further facilities to include a mainline station. There is an excellent range of local schools in the area in both the private and public sectors to include Bryanston School, Clayesmore, The Blandford School and Thomas Hardye School. Primary education can be found in Blandford Forum, Milborne St. Andrew and Winterborne Whitechurch. Popular Prep Schools include Knighton House and Hanford School.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54922444.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BLA160097. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Blandford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.