5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleBristol Road, Chippenham, Wiltshire
- Cotswold Stone Tile Roof Replaced in July 2015
- Well Presented Substantial Grade II listed
- Boasting Spacious Rooms With A Country House Feel
- Hidden Away In A Private Location Close To Town & Railway Station
- One bedroom detached Annexe/Coach House
- Separate Studio/Summer House
- Private Parking, Private Mature Gardens
Set behind a high fence and large entrance gates is this very charming and extensive Grade ll Listed period property constructed of mellow Cotswold stone elevations with mullion windows, under a Cotswold stone tile pitched roof. There are three parts to the property; a main family house, an old coach house which now forms an annexe, and a one bedroom adjoining summer house. This allows for a variety of uses with potential investment income, staff accommodation, or for large families with dependent relatives. The property is presented in very good order throughout, the main house boasting spacious rooms with a country house feel. The accommodation is on three floors and because of its age, the rooms are filled with period features to include large open inglenook fireplaces, exposed oak floorboards and beams, window seats, exposed ashlar stone walls as well as some gothic style arched door cases. Mixed with this are the modern bathroom fittings and the lovely shaker style wooden kitchen units with fitted cooker range and granite work surfaces. The pretty coach house, now an annexe currently has a mixed use as further bedrooms, storage, workshops and studio space as well as having a shower room, wc and utility/ laundry room. The summer house is very appealing with a large room forming living/bedroom space with a fireplace and opening onto a veranda via French double doors. There is also a kitchen and a shower room.
The gardens are a delight, forming several areas with a lovely gravel terrace area for al fresco entertaining. There is a front lawn and herbaceous beds, surrounded by a mature selection of trees, creating a wonderful feeling of privacy.
The Bristol Road is a very popular and much sought after road of residential properties, a short walk from Chippenham Sports Club, (which boasts six hard surface floodlit tennis courts, cricket square and field, plus a recently built bowls pavilion which accompanies the best bowling green in the county) and the town centre which provides a good range of local amenities including excellent shopping facilities, sports centre, mainline station (Paddington about 75 minutes) and schooling for all ages. The M4 motorway J17 provides fast road access to the major employment centres of Swindon and Bristol together with London and the West Country. There is a good choice of both state and private schooling in the area and those with an interest in country and leisure pursuits are well catered for in the region.
From our offices leave Chippenham on the Bristol Road, the A420. The property is located on the left hand side where Marshfield Road ends and the Bristol Road begins, and prior to reaching the turning for Hardenhuish Avenue.
Little Oak Cottage is set back from the road and is approached via a gravel driveway.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHP140125. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, covering The Cotswolds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.