Farm land for saleEnglands & Eatons Charity Farm, Wimblington, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0DH
- 366 acres (148.1 hectares)
Englands & Eatons Charity Farm is an arable farm situated in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Extending to approximately 148 Hectares (366 acres).
The Farmhouse is positioned central to the farmland and lies to the south of the farm buildings. The house is set in a private and secluded position surrounded by landscaped gardens.
Englands & Eatons Charity Farm is an arable farm situated in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Extending to approximately 148 Hectares (366 acres), the farm is accessed from the public highway with good road links to nearby towns and villages.
The Farmhouse is positioned central to the farmland and lies to the south of the farm buildings. The architect designed house is set in a private and secluded position surrounded by landscaped gardens. The house provides generous accommodation
with far reaching views across the Cambridgeshire countryside.
The farm buildings provide a mix of modern and traditional facilities suited to modern arable farming offering circa 1,595 square metres of general purpose storage, circa 580t grain storage and circa 1,500t potato storage.
The farm is situated in the county of Cambridgeshire lying to the south east of the town of March and north east of Wimblington.
Both buildings and farmhouse are accessed from Horsemoor Road which is public highway.
The property lies to the east of the A141, being the main road between March and Huntingdon. The city of Cambridge is within
an hour's drive.
Ely and Huntingdon have direct rail links to London Kings Cross on the East Coast Main line (60 minutes).
Airports at Cambridge and Stansted offer national and international flights, within an hour and a quarter's drive.
The Postcode for the property is PE15 0DH
The land is predominantly classified as Grade 1 on the MAFF Land Classification Plan, Provisional Edition. The soils are listed in the Soil Survey of England and Wales as belonging to the Downholland 1 series described as deep stoneless silty soils being suited to the growing of cereals, sugar beet, potatoes and field vegetables. All fields benefit from good access using public highways and internal grass tracks.
The land has been previously cropped with a variety of cereal crops together with potatoes, sugar beet, peas and onions.
Much of the land has the benefit of land drainage schemes, with fields 3111, 8391 and 7868 all having a drainage system installed in 2012/13. Fields 1708, 5763, 3549, 6457, 9921, 8986 and 4476 have a drainage system which was installed in the
Englands & Eatons Farmhouse and Farm buildings amounting to 1.24 hectares (3.06 acres) together with 96.85 hectares (239.32 acres) of arable land as coloured pink on the plan.
ENGLANDS & EATONS CHARITY FARMHOUSE
Set within landscaped gardens this distinctive four bedroom farmhouse was built in 2003 subject to an Agricultural Occupancy Condition. The house is constructed of brick under tiled roofs. The design of the house gives it immense character and provides potential for extension.
The house provides well appointed accommodation over two floors with the ground floor offering sitting room, kitchen, dining area, utility, office, cloakroom and access to the double garage. The kitchen benefits from a granite topped island and bespoke pine and maple units with a Smeg dual fuel oven and integrated appliances.
A bespoke oak stair case leads to the first floor which offers four bedrooms and family bathroom including master bedroom with en-suite and balcony over-looking the surrounding countryside to the east with views stretching as far as Ely Cathedral. The fourth bedroom is currently used as a home gym.
The farmhouse has a gravelled driveway and parking area and is surrounded by landscaped gardens extending to approximately 0.8 acres. The gardens include an ornamental pond, paved patio and private courtyard. The garden is well stocked with mixed herbaceous perennials, choice shrubs, native and ornamental trees.
To the north of the farmhouse lies the farm yard as detailed below:
1. General Purpose building - 14.2m x 9.05m steel portal and timber frame building under asbestos cement roof with brick and steel profile sheet sides with concrete floor
2. Lean-to to the above - 11.25m x 14.2m of similar construction to 1. above
3. General Purpose Store - 14.4m x 4.9m timber frame, block and timber clad store under corrugated steel roof.
4. Potato store - 10.4m x 38m steel portal frame building with brick and profile steel insulated walls and roof with electric roller shutter door and roof ventilation fan, concrete floor and side ventilation tunnel with fan housing with ambient temperature control.
5. Combine shed - 25.3m x 5.4m timber frame with profile steel cladding between buildings 4, 6 & 7.
6. Potato store - 10.1m x 13m brick built under asbestos cement roof with insulated walls & roof, with electric roller shutter door
7. General Purpose Store - 24.5m x 9.6m (includes 7a below) brick built steel portal frame store with concrete floor under asbestos cement roof.
7a. Chemical store - 3.7m x 6.2m (contained within 7 above) brick built internal store
8. Grain Store - 16.4 x 24.5 (includes 9 below) steel portal frame with brick walls under asbestos cement roof including lean to, unloading pit and tunnel system with concrete floor and sliding doors. All housing 10No. 35t galvanised grain bins.
9. Grain Store - 7.8m x 17.2m steel portal frame building with brick walls under asbestos cement roof with concrete floor and sliding door
10. Open Fronted General Purpose building - 7.8m x 22.9m 7 bay lean to building of steel portal frame construction with brick walls to ends under asbestos cement roof with concrete floor.
11. Potato store - 10.3m x 13.6m steel portal frame building under asbestos cement roof with brick walls, concrete floor and sliding door.
12. Workshop - 10.3m x 9m steel portal frame building under asbestos cement roof with brick walls, concrete floor and roller shutter door
13. Open fronted store - 7.8m x 27.6m 6 bay steel portal frame building with profile steel cladding and roof and concrete floor
14. Potato store - 8.8m x 30.6m steel portal frame building with brick insulated walls and roof, electric roller shutter door and roof ventilation fan under asbestos cement roof and side ventilation tunnel with fan housing and ambient temperature control.
15. Potato Grading shed - 15.5m x 15.7m steel portal frame under asbestos cement roof with brick and profile steel walls, 2 sliding doors and opening.
The yard is predominantly concrete with the remaining areas being laid to hard standing.
Comprises 30.36 hectares (75.02 acres) of Grade 1 arable land in two parcels as coloured blue on the plan. The land has frontage to and is accessed directly from Horsemoor Road.
Comprises 19.69 hectares (48.65 acres) of Grades 1 and 2 arable land in three separate fields as coloured green on the plan. The land is accessed from Coleseed Road. Field 3866 is demarcated with concrete posts on its northern boundary.
TENURE AND METHOD OF SALE
Englands & Eatons Charity Farm is available freehold with vacant possession, subject to holdover.
The farm is for sale by Private Treaty as a whole or in up to three separate lots
Early Entry to the arable land will be allowed, subject to Contracts being exchanged and the previous crop being cleared. The Purchaser(s) must ensure that the land is farmed in accordance with the cross-compliance regulations in order to safeguard the 2018 BPS claim. Early Entry will be entirely at the purchaser(s) own risk.
The Vendor reserves the right for themselves and persons authorised by them to harvest the growing crops and store harvested crops and equipment until 31st December 2018. The vendor reserves the right to hold a machinery auction on the holding.
All of the land lies within a Nitrate Vulnerable Zone.
The majority of Lot 1 has been entered into a Countryside Stewardship Scheme which runs from 1st January 2016 for a period of 5 years, a copy of the agreement is available from the selling agents. The buyer(s) will undertake to continue with this agreement.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME
The land is registered under the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) in England and Wales with the Rural Payments Agency. The BPS Entitlements are included within the sale
The Vendor will be responsible for cross compliance up to the date of completion. The Purchaser(s) must take over the cross compliance obligations on completion (or early entry) and to indemnify the Vendor from any non-compliance penalties. The Vendor's application for the 2018 Basic Payment Scheme is available in the information pack.
SPORTING RIGHTS, MINERALS & TIMBER
The Sporting Rights, Timber and Minerals are included in the sale, so far as they are owned, subject to statutory exclusions.
WAYLEAVES, EASEMENTS & RIGHTS OF WAY
The farm is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing rights, including rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and electricity and other rights, easements, quasi-easements and all wayleaves whether referred to or not in these particulars
Englands & Eatons Charity Farmhouse benefits from mains water and electricity. Drainage is to a private Klargester system. Heating is from a oil fired boiler to an underfloor system on the ground floor and radiators on the first floor.
The farm yard and buildings have the benefit of 3 phase electricity and mains water.
The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to have full knowledge of all boundaries and neither the vendor nor the Vendor's Agent will be responsible for defining the boundaries nor their ownership.
PLANS, AREAS AND SCHEDULES
These have been prepared as carefully as possible and are based on Ordnance Survey scale plans and Land Registry data. The plans are published for illustrative purposes only and although they are believed to be correct, their accuracy is not guaranteed.
Band C Council Tax payable 2018/2019 = £1,654.29
Drainage rates are payable to March East Internal Drainage Board
TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING
The Purchaser(s) will be deemed to have full knowledge and have satisfied themselves as to any planning matters that might affect the property.
The farm is located in the Fenland District Council administrative area.
The farmhouse is subject to an Agricultural Occupancy Condition under Planning Reference No: F/YR01/0940/0 dated 19th September 2001.
There is potential for the conversion of some of the buildings subject to planning permission being obtained. The property is being sold subject to an overage clause whereby in the event that planning permission for commercial or residential development, is obtained on the yard and building area or any part thereof and is either sold with the benefit of that permission or the development is implemented within 25 years of completion then an overage payment of 25% of the uplift in value over the value of the property as agricultural shall be payable to the sellers.
Should any dispute arise as to the boundaries or any point arising in the General Remarks and Stipulations or Particulars of Sale, schedule, plans or interpretation of any of them the question shall be referred to the arbitration of the selling agent, whose decision acting as expert shall be final. The purchaser(s) shall be deemed to have full knowledge of all boundaries and neither the vendor nor the vendor's agents will be responsible for defining the boundaries or the ownership thereon.
Strictly by appointment with Brown and Co
David Sinfield or Chris Purllant: 01480 432220
An information pack is available to prospective purchasers. This pack provides further information on the property, including cropping, Basic Payment Scheme, Countryside Stewardship scheme and general information.
Should any sale of the land, as a whole, or any right attached to it become and chargeable supply for the purpose of VAT, such tax will be payable by the Buyer in addition to the contract price.
ANTI MONEY LAUNDERING LEGISTLATION
In accordance with the most recent Anti Money Laundering Legislation, a buyer will be required to provide proof of identity and address to the Selling Agents once an offer is submitted and prior to Solicitors being instructed.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The property is a working farm and therefore viewers should be careful and vigilant whilst on the holding. Neither the Seller nor the Selling Agents are responsible for the safety of those viewing the property and accordingly those viewing the property do so at their own risk.
Roythornes Solicitors, Enterprise Way, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 3YR. Contact: Emma Hill 01775 842646
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55710480.html
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-55710480.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 423286. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Co, Huntingdon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.