5 bedroom detached house for saleWalton Hill, Clent, Stourbridge, DY9
- Detached former farmhouse
- Equestrian facilities
- Adjoins National Trust-owned countryside
Detached Former Farmhouse Around 3216 Sq Ft With Stabling And Outbuildings Set In Around 8.34 Acres In Elevated Position Enjoying Superlative Far-Reaching Rural Views.
Reception Hall/Snug, Drawing Room, Sitting Room With Conservatory Off, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Pantry, Utility/Boot Room, Ground Floor Shower Room, Cloakroom, Boiler Room/Store, Rear Hall, Second Kitchen. Master Bedroom, Four Further Bedrooms, Two Bathrooms. Potential To Amend Layout To Extend Rooms Or Create Secondary Accommodation With Independent Access.
Lawned Gardens. Large Gazebo/Covered Decking Area Ideal For Entertaining. Outbuildings With Seven Stables (Including Two Pony Stables), Stores, Tack Room And Hay Store Set Around A Central Courtyard. Gravelled Driveway, Parking For Numerous Vehicles, Carports. EPC= F.
Communications: (Road) Romsley 1.5 miles, Clent 1.5, Hagley 3.5, Halesowen 4, Stourbridge 6, Merry Hill Shopping Centre 8, Birmingham 12, Worcester 21, M5 (Junction 3) 5, M42 5, London 120 (all mileages are approximate). (Rail) Railway stations are available at Clent, Hagley, Stourbridge and Birmingham. (Air) Birmingham International Airport offers regular national and international flights and together with the National Exhibition Centre and Birmingham International Railway Station can be accessed off Junction 6 of the M42.
Situation: Walton Hill Farm is set in a stunning elevated rural position with far-reaching panoramic views towards the Clee Hills, Bredon Hill and the Malvern Hills to name but a few. The property is surrounded by its own land and adjoins National Trust-owned countryside. The setting is ideal for walking, horse-riding and other country pursuits with easy access onto several bridleways, Walton Hill and nearby Adams Hill making the location ideal for quiet riding. The village of Romsley (1.5 miles away) offers great facilities including a Post Office, butcher’s, clothes shop, hairdressers and a pub restaurant. Excellent opportunities for state and private education can be found within the local area including primary schools at Romsley and Clent, the renowned Haybridge High School in Hagley and the independent Bromsgrove School for pupils aged 7 to 18. The thriving University City of Birmingham and Merry Hill Shopping Centre are within easy reach as are the M5 and M42 motorways.
Description: Walton Hill Farm is believed to date back around 300 years and has been extended over time to provide flexible family accommodation in a unique setting. Part of the property was recently utilised as accommodation for relatives and there is the potential to restore separate entrances or alternatively to open up some rooms to personalise the layout to the needs of a purchaser. The house stands in an elevated position surrounded by and overlooking beautiful countryside and benefits from stunning views which can be particularly appreciated from the conservatory, gazebo and gardens. Equestrian interests are catered for with stabling, tack room, yard and more, as well as pastureland suitable for use as paddocks. These could also provide a potential income to purchasers.
In brief, the accommodation comprises:
• A porch with sliding glazed doors leads into the Snug/Reception Hall which has a log burner set into a recess with a tiled hearth and an oak mantel over, and stairs leading to the first floor. There is a useful store off plus a large storage cupboard. There is potential to reinstate access into the rear hall which could then link this room with the rear kitchen.
• The Drawing Room has an oak floor and a large bay window with window seat overlooking the garden and showcasing the views beyond. There are exposed joists and beams to the ceiling and a wood burning stove set into a feature fireplace with a slate hearth.
• The triple aspect Sitting Room has a beautiful slate-tiled floor and a log burner set in a brick inglenook with a slate hearth and oak mantel over. The slate floor continues into the recently added Conservatory which has folding doors to three sides perfect for maximising the panoramic countryside views and wonderful for relaxing and entertaining. There is understood to be a 400 ft deep well under the conservatory, which could be made into a feature by a new owner.
• Along the rear hall is situated the Second Kitchen, which is very useful for barbecues and entertaining, and provides an electric cooker with gas hob for use during the summer months. This well-proportioned room also has space for a fridge and could form part of a secondary set of accommodation if wished along with the sitting room, conservatory and rear hall, with bedroom 3 and bathroom above.
• The main Kitchen/Breakfast Room has an attractive handmade Mexican tiled floor and is fitted with a great range of custom-made units with granite worktops over, incorporating a 1 ½ oven electric Britannia range oven with LPG fired hob and extractor over, integrated dishwasher, central island with breakfast bar and ceramic butler’s sink. There is a large pantry off with space for a fridge/freezer.
• From the kitchen, a lobby gives access to a small courtyard outside with the parking being, and leads to the Utility/Boot Room which has a door to outside and space and plumbing for a washing machine and tumble drier, the Ground Floor Shower Room, Cloakroom and Boiler Room/Store. There is a useful Cellar below the ground floor.
• To the first floor, the triple aspect Master Bedroom has an oak floor and French doors overlooking the rear of the property affording fabulous views, as well as a beamed ceiling and useful eaves storage. There is potential to create an en suite of the Family Bathroom, which features a roll-top bath, bidet, basin and WC along with an airing cupboard.
• There are four further bedrooms, two of which benefit from views over the surrounding countryside. Bedroom 5 could equally be used a Master Dressing Room. Again, there is potential on this floor to alter and personalise the layout to suit the needs of the purchasers.
• The second Bathroom, adjacent to Bedroom 3, also has a roll-top bath along with a corner shower cubicle, bidet, basin and WC.
Outside, a sweeping gravelled driveway provides parking for several vehicles and gives access to the carports which provide covered parking for five vehicles including a horse box. The pleasant gardens are accessed via slate-chipped steps and are mainly laid to lawn, with a large stone-paved terrace and gazebo/covered decked area being ideal locations to enjoy the superb views. There are fields to the front and rear of the property suitable for use as paddocks and an equestrian courtyard easily accessible from the house, around which is situated the stabling (comprising seven stables (including two pony stables), stores, tack room and hay store).
Services: Mains electricity is connected. Mains water is connected within the grounds and the owners of Walton Hill Farm are responsible for bringing it into the house. Private drainage. Oil fired central heating. LPG fired hobs. There are two separate water tanks within the house designed to ensure a plentiful supply for showers.
Local Authority: Bromsgrove District Council – 01527 881288 - http://www.bromsgrove.gov.uk/
Agents Note 1: The property is accessed initially via a public bridleway which is designated for pedestrian access only. There is a pedestrian right of way along the drive to Walton Hill Farm, but the residents of the property and their visitors, along with the National Trust, are the only people permitted to drive vehicles along the drive.
Agents Note 2: A public footpath (which forms part of the North Worcestershire Path) runs along the boundary of the property and at low level along the edge of the front field.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRO150240. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Andrew Grant, Country Homes . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.