5 bedroom detached house for saleDarlfield House, Selside, Kendal, Cumbria
- A once fine stone and slate built detached house, now in a state of disrepair requiring total renovation.
- Excellent potential for the creation of a wonderful and spacious family home.
- Two reception rooms.
- Kitchen, pantry and storeroom.
- Three first floor bedrooms and a bathroom.
- Attic with two further bedrooms.
- Extensive gardens.
- Detached former agricultural barn available as Lot 2.
- Delightful rural location on the edge of the Lake District.
- Convenient for Kendal and the M6 motorway.
Auction 21/09/2018 2.30 A substantial and interesting detached stone and slate built three storey house, now in need of total renovation. Considerable scope for the creation of a wonderful and spacious country home. Large gardens and off-road parking. Small barn available as Lot 2.
Delightful rural location just three miles from the historic market town of Kendal.
TO BE SOLD BY PUBLIC AUCTION AT THE TOWN HALL, KENDAL, LA9 4DL ON FRIDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2018 AT 2.30PM
From Kendal head north on the A6, Shap Road. After leaving Kendal take the third turning on the right after Skelsmergh Church [seen high up on the right hand side]. Signposted to Whinfell and Patton. Follow the lane for about 1½ miles to a crossroads. Turn right and Darlfield House is the first property on the left-hand side, but is accessed by taking the second left turn, as indicated by our sale board.
The property occupies a delightful rural location forming part of a small cluster of houses on a quiet country lane, surrounded by rolling hills and farmland.
Selside is a scattered rural community just outside the eastern fringe of the Lake District National Park, about three miles north of Kendal. Selside has a church and a highly regarded primary school.
The property is situated within ten to fifteen minutes drive of the historic market town of Kendal, which provides excellent shopping, leisure, cultural and educational amenities. The town, known as the gateway to the Lake District, has good rail links and is convenient for Junctions 36, 37 and 38 of the M6 motorway.
The house occupies a generously proportioned plot with gardens [now overgrown] arranged to the front, either side and to the rear.
A detached stone and slate built former barn, now in need of restoration, together with a small parcel of land adjacent to it, shown hatched in blue on the attached plan.
It is understood that the property is connected to mains electricity and has previously had a private water supply and drainage. None the services are working and no information regarding the services is available, other than the fact that the services have not been functional for some time. The location of the septic tank is not known.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56049318.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN170013. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
*Guide Price: An indication of a seller's minimum expectation at auction and given as a Guide Price or a range of Guide Prices. This is not necessarily the figure a property will sell for and is subject to change prior to the auction.
Reserve Price: Each auction property will be subject to a Reserve Price below which the property cannot be sold at auction. Normally the Reserve Price will be set within the range of Guide Prices or no more than 10% above a single Guide Price.
Auction Fees: The purchase of this property may include associated fees not listed here, as it is to be sold via auction. To find out more about the fees associated with this property please call Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal on 0153 972 1375.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.