Land for saleWark
- Grade II listed
- Dating back to 19th Century
- Originally a stray animal enclosure
- Currently used as a machinery store
- Located in North Tyne village of Wark
- Circa 60ft x 40ft
- 8ft high walls surrounding
- Access only on foot
DESCRIPTION The Pinfold is a Grade II listed high wall enclosure used in the early 19th Century as a compound for stray animals, located in the popular North Tyne village of Wark.
The Pinfold can only be accessed on foot through an original oak plank door in a slightly projecting surround with chamfered inner and outer edges, the crescent moon carved on the lintel above the door is a sign of the Duke of Northumberland. It is approximately 60ft x 40ft in size with 8ft high walls surrounding.
DIRECTIONS From Hexham travel west on the A69 and take the first right turn towards Acomb. Continue through Acomb and Wall until you reach Brunton crossroads, turn left and go over Chollerford bridge. Take the second exit at the roundabout just after the bridge and follow the road until you reach Wark. Go through the village, round sharp left corner and keep left onto the Stonehaugh Road. Travel along this road for approximately half a mile and The Pinfold is located on the left hand side clearly visible from the road.
VIEWINGS Viewing is strictly by appointment. Arrangements can be made by contacting YoungsRPS, Hexham on 01434 608980.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56185591.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100897001772. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Youngs RPS , Hexham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.