4 bedroom detached house for saleSpeyburn Lodge, Rothes, By Elgin, Moray, AB38
- 4 bedrooms and 3 reception rooms
- Luxury, architect designed energy efficient home
- Flexible accommodation in excellent condition
- Extensive built in storage space and many fine features
- Heat recovery (+ heat pumps) and air filtration system
- 4 kW solar panels
- Quiet and secluded setting
- Delightful garden and extensive grounds
- Spectacular views
- Building plot with outline planning permission for a detached dwelling house
Speyburn Lodge is an exceptional architect designed contemporary house situated on an elevated site overlooking lovely countryside and the tranquil Broad Burn which flows into the River Spey nearby. The house’s meticulously planned energy efficiency resulted in construction using leading edge SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels) technology together with an integrated heat recovery and ventilation system and 4 kW solar panels.
Extending to approximately 327m2 the open-plan accommodation is provided over two storey and allows considerable flexibility of use. Attention to detail was paramount in the design and the house has been finished with many luxury features.
The first of four entrance doors opens directly into a very spacious utility room. A door leads into the spacious integral double garage which is fitted with two electric remote-controlled shutter/roller doors.
The well-equipped breakfasting kitchen includes a comprehensive range of integrated appliances – an induction hob, double eye-level cooker and a dishwasher, as well as a free-standing double larder fridge-freezer. A glazed door leads off the dining area out into the front garden and patio area whilst an oak and glass panelled door leads into the elegant open-plan dining/living area which also has the main door and porch leading to the rear garden. The entrance and dining area are overlooked by the galleried mezzanine/snug with its superb oak and glass balustrade. A Burley “Fireball” Brampton 8kW wood burning stove is located in the dining area whilst a sliding glazed door leads out onto a patio and seating area. Three feature steps lead off the dining hall down to the spacious living area which features picture double-glazed windows and an integrated sound system. New carpets were fitted to all carpeted areas throughout the house in 2017.
Accessed from the dining hall is a 4th bedroom (currently used as a study), and a shower room with feature glass basin and toilet. A beautiful bespoke oak and grass staircase provides access to the first floor’s galleried mezzanine seating area. From here, access leads to the master suite with a generously sized double, two walk-in closets, a dressing area, double wash basins (with storage units), a wet room and sauna. A short hallway is located at the opposite end of the mezzanine where a further two guest bedrooms (one of which has a walk-in wardrobe/dressing room) and a well equipped family bathroom are located.
Accessed via a tarmac driveway, the grounds extend to about 2.8 acres. Block brick paving and tastefully landscaped gardens immediately surround the house. The remaining grounds include a small orchard, a completely secure fenced area (paddock) of about half an acre which is currently used as a “pet play park”. Outline planning permission for a residential property within the grounds is included in the sale.
EPC Rating = C
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56261883.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ELG180107. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Elgin. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.