2 bedroom cottage for saleMareham-le-fen, Boston, PE22 7RW
- Character cottage in picturesque village with 13th century church and one of oldest pubs in England
- Open plan kitchen-diner providing an ideal entertaining space
- Charming kitchen with ample storage including wine rack and plenty of workspace
- Quaint lounge with leaded light windows and ceiling beams
- Conservatory off kitchen leading to mature patio cottage garden
- Two tastefully decorated double bedrooms
- Fully tiled bathroom with over-bath shower, uPVC double glazing and oil fired central heating
- The village has a Grade II listed pub dated 1473 & a Grade II listed tower windmill dated 1820
- Shops and services include a shop next door, post office & fish&chip shop & just 5m from Horncastle
- Within easy reach of many Outstanding and Good Ofsted-rated schools
MAREHAM-LE-FEN: HISTORIC CHARACTER COTTAGE in MEDIEVAL VILLAGE
This charming two bedroom semi detached character cottage in the popular village of Mareham-le-Fen, just five miles from Horncastle, is looking for new owners to appreciate its quaintness and haunting memories of a bygone era.
An open-plan design on the ground floor fuses a modern kitchen with a traditional lounge area, as well as a conservatory leading to a enclosed garden. The kitchen has ample storage, including a wine rack, and workspace and there is uPVC double glazing throughout.
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms complemented by a bathroom with over-bath shower on the ground floor. The property is served by oil fired central heating.
Approximate dimensions are:
LOUNGE 11'9" x 11'6" (3.58m x 3.5m)
DINING ROOM 11'11" x 8'8" (3.63m x 2.64m)
KITCHEN 7'1" x 11'8" (2.16m x 3.56m)
CONSERVATORY 8'8" x 8'8" (2.64m x 2.64m)
BATHROOM 4'6" x 8'4" (1.37m x 2.54m)
BEDROOM 1 12'1" x 11'11" (3.68m x 3.63m)
BEDROOM 2 8'3" x 12'1" (2.51m x 3.68m)
Outside there is a pretty patio garden that extends along the side of the conservatory with mature plants and room for dining.
The village is listed in the 1086 Domesday Book as "Marun", with 33 households and Horseshoe Cottage is on the main road in reach of shops and services enjoying a wonderful location in the vicinity of The Royal Oak pub, with a datestone of 1472, the oldest English pub to retain a thatched roof, the picturesque Church of St Helen, dating from the 13th century and Grade II listed tower windmill dating from 1820.
At Emoov, you can book a viewing any time by visiting our own website.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56312427.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3r8-ewk5. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.