6 bedroom detached house for saleCarbrooke Road, Ovington, Thetford
- Substantial home set in 2 acres (STMS)
- Up to six bedrooms
- Stunning contemporary open plan kitchen with garden access
- Plenty of garaging and outside storage
- Swimming pool and parkland style gardens
A superb modern lifestyle home with accommodation extending to 4000 sq. ft. with an annexed building providing two junior suites. Refurbished by the current owners in late 2000 this unique home provides fabulous living spaces and has been featured on TV and 25 Beautiful Homes magazine.
Brovey Lair is a modern lifestyle home with accommodation extending to 4000 sq. ft. and an annexed building providing two junior suites. Refurbished by the current owners in late 2000, the property has been run as a gourmet destination and, in 2010, won the best seafood restaurant in Britain award by the Good Food Guide. Featured in the monthly magazine 25 Beautiful Homes as well as on BBC2, ITV and Channel 4 it has many unusual features including a reception hall with fountains beneath a glass and aluminium clad central staircase, large games room and open plan kitchen/ dining room/ conservatory overlooking the heated swimming pool. A 700 sq. ft. first floor reception room opens onto the master bedroom, with its extra-large bathroom, and guest bedroom with shower room, all offering panoramic garden views. To appreciate this unique property viewing is essential.
With door in from the driveway, this room has glazed double doors leading into the main reception hall.
An impressive entrance to Brovey Lair. Its reception hall has marble effect flooring and features a central glass and aluminium -clad staircase leading to the first floor. The centre piece is a set of fountains with ceramic monolith and illuminated globes. Doors from the reception hall lead to the games room, utility room and spacious kitchen/dining room with uninterrupted views of pool and gardens.
With hand wash basin, and low level WC.
Large room ideal for a variety of uses with windows to the front aspect overlooking the driveway and front garden. Snooker and table tennis tables are optional.
Utility Room/ Laundry
Again, featuring a window to the front aspect overlooking the drive. The utility room is fitted with a useful selection of base units and high-rise storage cupboards. There is an inset butler sink, solid wood work surface and spaces for washing machine and dryer.
Kitchen/ Dining Room
This spectacular living space provides a raised kitchen and dining area and is open plan into the conservatory with panoramic views across the swimming pool through surrounding trees to open fields beyond. The on-show kitchen area has an unbroken 6.5 metre wrap-around Corian work surface with bespoke matching wall and base units, inset sink and waste disposal. The main feature is a unique Japanese teppan grill with overhead ducted extractor, five ring LPG Smeg gas hob, Bosch oven, silent dishwasher and micro-combi oven by Miele. An archway opens into the pantry providing excellent additional storage. The dining area with its 16 full height windows and sliding door opens onto end-to-end terracing overlooking the pool.
Two steps down from the reception hall a little lobby gives access to bedrooms three and four as well as a newly fitted shower room and boiler/airing cupboard.
With window to side aspect having fitted Hammond wardrobes.
Double aspect room with windows to rear and side aspects also fitted with built-in wardrobes.
Shower in cubicle, low level WC, hand wash basin with mixer tap. Fitted storage cupboard and towel rail.
With glazed door from south facing terrace.
Fitted with a suite comprising bath with shower over, WC, bidet and hand wash basin. Bamboo flooring.
Once again having a glazed door in from the sun terrace.
With a suite comprising bath with shower over, WC, bidet, wash hand basin, bamboo flooring.
Brovey Lair stands well back from the road approached over a long driveway flanked by lawned areas having shrub borders and mature trees. There is plenty of parking to the front of the house and the drive bears right to the garaging which comprises a double garage with twin doors having storage room alongside and further large garage/workshop. Adjoining the rear of the property is a south facing sun terrace with pergola and barbeque area with steps down to the swimming pool, beyond which the park like gardens include wide areas of grass, a large pond, and numerous attractive specimen trees. In total the gardens and grounds approach two acres (STMS) and provide plenty of scope to be further landscaped or space to install a tennis court if required.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56609287.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1101357. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.