11 bedroom country house for saleNantyderry, Abergavenny, NP7
- GRADE II LISTED GEORGIAN MANOR HOUSE
- 34 ACRES WITH EXTENSIVE OUTBUILDINGS & STABLING
- RURAL SETTING WITH VIEWS OVER SKIRRID & SUGAR LOAF MOUNTAINS
- WITHIN EASY REACH OF A40, M50, M4 & M5
- 3 BEDROOM SUITES & 6 BEDROOMS, 11 BEDROOMS IN TOTAL
- 6 BATH/SHOWER ROOMS
- 7 RECEPTIONS
- BASEMENT WITH GAMES ROOM, WINE CELLAR & DISCO
- SEPARATE 3 BEDROOM SELF CONTAINED FLAT
- SWIMMING POOL & TENNIS COURT
This elegant manor house with a grand Georgian facade sits within 34 acres of grounds, behind a curved stone wall and is approached by a tree lined drive. The historic property enjoys panoramic views across to The Skirrid and Sugar Loaf mountains. A Grade II listing has ensured much of the Georgian period design remains. In particular the panelling beneath the shuttered windows, wide internal doors, 12ft high ceilings, deep skirting, picture rails, decorative coving and exceptional fireplaces. Beyond the Georgian façade are far earlier sections of the house enveloping a courtyard of outbuildings and stabling. Steeped in history this regal residence has noted royal connections where it has been said that the Royal Princess Margaret was often a guest. Also, home of the Foxhunter stud, founded by Sir Harry Llewellyn in memory of his famous showjumper, a Gold medal winner in the 1952 Helsinki Olympic games and now the name given to the local public house.
Located in a rural setting, Nantyderry is a quiet area yet within easy reach of the A40, M50, M5 & M4, Abergavenny being 6 miles and Newport 14 miles distance, both offering rail links. The renowned restaurants, The Hardwick and The Walnut Tree are 5 minutes and 15 minutes’ drive respectively. The Celtic Manor Resort off junction 24 of the M4, is only 16 miles.
Presently an exceptional family residence, this Georgian Manor lends itself to many business opportunities. Historically this home has an equestrian background which is evident within the 12 stables, hay stores and outbuildings in the 34-acre grounds, offering great potential to the racing community and equestrians. Originally home of the Olympic champion horse Foxhunter, trained at the house by Colonel Sir Harry Llewelyn who became the winners of the 1952 Olympics together in Helsinki. The 11 bedrooms, 3-bedroom apartment and outbuildings all provide the required space for a luxurious country hotel. The main house with over 20 rooms, would make a perfect serviced office building with the stunning grounds suiting a conference or wedding venue. The superb, quiet, semi-rural surroundings yet enviable commuter links add to the endless potential of this outstanding period home and outbuildings.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56616840.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 12432256. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by M2 Estate Agents, usk. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.