4 bedroom detached house for saleGalmpton, Brixham, Devon
- Imposing South-facing detached house with large double glazed windows and light oak joinery throughout
- Large light South-facing reception rooms, conservatory and sun room overlooking the grounds to countryside
- Spacious family kitchen/breakfast room with pantry
- Versatile self-contained annexe/guest suite comprising bed/sitting room with kitchenette & shower room
- 3 first floor double bedrooms, bathroom and a separate WC
- Detached double garage with pitch roof, sliding folding doors, power, light, plumbing, large loft, integral workshop and store
- Outstanding gardens and grounds, fully mature and well stocked with herbaceous borders, ornamental pond, rockery and numerous specimen trees, with potting shed, 2 stores and a small stable
- Planning Permission for 4 bedroom detached eco-house in 1/3 acre portion of grounds, as well as scope to convert the loft and/or the garage subject to Planning
- Popular village within easy reach of amenities Torbay and Exeter, and local facilities including the outstanding Pre-School and Churston Grammar School
- No onward chain
Bearscombe is an individual detached house set on an enviable and predominantly south-facing plot of around two thirds of an acre, offering a good deal of privacy and seclusion, yet close to the heart of this popular village. The accommodation is generously proportioned and has many features, as well as good views across the grounds and beyond from most of the rooms. Our clients have obtained Planning permission for a separate detached single storey residence within the grounds. Planning details can be obtained using the following link: http://bit.ly/2daR5aq
Galmpton is a desirable village between set on the West side of Torbay, close to the river Dart and the fringes of South Hams. The famed Greenway House is nearby, to which there are lovely country / River Dart walks with stunning views, along with a foot ferry to the picturesque village of Dittisham. Local amenities include the Manor Inn, pre-school, primary school, local village store, post office, GP Surgery, branch library, as well as a village hall and church. The very well-regarded Churston Grammar School and South Devon College are nearby. The village is home to 'the Creek', a small inlet on the River Dart offering picturesque scenery and being a good place to launch small craft etc, with a boat yard and small marina. Churston Golf Course is nearby, as is a sandy beach (Broadsands) and a yachting marina; around 2.5 miles away in the harbour town of Brixham. There is an excellent local bus service to the larger towns of Torquay and Paignton which offer a wider range of shops, restaurants and facilities, and the recently-opened South Devon link road makes for a relatively easy commute to the Cathedral City of Exeter, which lies around 26 miles to the north, with its international airport.
From the south Devon link road, follow the ring road towards Brixham. At the junction with the main Paignton to Brixham road (A379), turn right. Passing the Churston Golf Club on the left, turn right onto Greenway Road, just before the railway bridge. Past Churston Grammar School and Three Corners Nursing Home. Continue down the leafy road a short way. The driveway for Bearscombe will be found on the left hand side, approached through a distinctive lych-gate. If you find yourself at the Manor Inn, you have gone too far!
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-56627488.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SOU161046. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Wilkinson Grant & Co, Topsham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.