Land for saleBarton Road, Wisbech
Offers in Region of
- Approx. 1.7 Ha
- POTENTIAL YIELD: Approx. 40 to 50 Dwellings
- CURRENT USE: Glasshouse Nursery
- Site is located in established residential setting.
- Expressions of interest are invited from developers who are prepared to progress the site in planning terms, secured by an option
* Separate from the current boundary of development by a playing field, with modern residential development opposite.
* Shown on the Local Plan adopted May 2014 as part of the existing urban area and situated closer to the town centre than the areas defined as 'Broad Locations For Growth'.
* Fronting the B1441, a key route into the town centre, with good visibility in both directions.
* The enclosed Assessment Study/Search Sequential Document highlights the sustainability credentials of this development opportunity and its ability to meet the aspirations of the National Planning Policy Framework.
* Expressions of interest are invited from developers who are prepared to progress the site in planning terms, secured by an option
Size: - Approx. 1.7 Ha
Frontage: - About 62m (Scaled from O.S. Plan)
NB: Additional approx. 34m of adjoining frontage is in the same ownership comprising of dwelling and garden. Available to accommodate visibility splays.
Potential Yield: - Approx. 40 to 50 Dwellings
Current Use: - Glasshouse Nursery
Physical Features: - Unconstrained.
NB: Tree subject to TPO is located within curtilage of house to be retained by client and occupied by client.
Residential Amenity: - Unconstrained.
Social Infrastructure: - Unconstrained.
Physical Infrastructure: - Unconstrained, subject to the usual enquiries.
Viability: - Unconstrained.
Public Transport: - Yes. Bus stop about 200/300m. Wisbech to Peterborough service. Also to Wisbech Town Centre with onward regular service to King's Lynn from the bus station. Inter-city coaches from the bus station. Inter-city trains from Peterborough. Regional trains from March and King's Lynn.
Town Centre - 650m (2132'6") - 650m (To the Town Centre as defined by Inset No.28b of the current District Local Plan).
Convenience Store - 1000m (3280'10") - 1000m Harecroft Road and Old Market
Post Office - 1000m (3280'10") - 1000m Harecroft Road
Public House - 500m (1640'5") - 500m Rose Tavern North Brink
Telephone Box - 1000m (3280'10") - 1000m Closest removed a few years ago. Nearest now Harecroft Road
Post Box - 50m (164'0") - 50m Almost directly opposite the subject site.
Banks - 1000m (3280'10") - 1000m Lloyds TSB, North Brink.
Cash Machine - 1000m (3280'10") - Lloyds TSB, North Brink
Petrol Filling Station - 1250m (4101'0") - Roundabout opposite The Horsefair
Pharmacy/Chemist - 1000m (3280'10") - Alliance Pharmacy Old Market
Medical Centre - 850m (2788'8") - North Brink
Dentist - 1100m (3608'11") - Exchange Square/Alexandra Road/Museum Square
Care Facilities - 800m (2624'8") - Harecroft Road
Library - 1200m (3937'0") - The Crescent
Leisure Facilities - 850m (2788'8") - Hudson Leisure Centre/Swimming Pool/Health Club/Tennis Court
Equipped Play Area - Immediately adjacent to Subject Site
Park And Gardens - 1550m (5085'3") - Town Park, Lynn Road
Sports Pitches Etc - Immediately adjacent to a Playing Field. Currently used in part as junior football pitches.
800/900m Harecroft Road. Sports Ground (including Rugby Ground/Cricket Club and Squash Court).
Educational Facilities -
Mother And Toddler/Playgroup: Nursery/Pre-School - 1500m (4921'3") - Elm High Road
Secondary School - 600m (1968'6") - Wisbech Independent Grammar School
Primary School - 1200m (3937'0") - Peckover School
Special Needs School - 2250m (7381'10") - Meadowgate Lane
Secondary School - 1600m (5249'4") - Queens School
College/Adult Eduction - 1600m (5249'4") - College of East Anglia
Emergency Services - 1600m. FIRE - Churchill Road.
1300m. POLICE - A47 Roundabout opposite the Horsefair.
1400m. AMBULANCE - Off St. Augustines Road.
1400m. HOSPITAL - Off St. Augustines Road.
Recyling Centre - 1000m (3280'10") - Boneless Road
General Observations - The subject site is located in a well established residential setting. Residential development at this location will sit well within the existing urban landscape. There is no requirement for access to/from Magazine Lane/Cox's Lane.
Approximately 40 to 50 additional dwellings at this location will not add significantly to existing local traffic volumes.
FURTHER INFORMATION and arrangements to view may be obtained from the LONG SUTTON OFFICE of GEOFFREY COLLINGS & CO. Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm. Saturday 9.00pm to 4.00pm.
Useful websites: www.geoffreycollings.co.uk for details of our services and all our properties.
IF YOU HAVE A LOCAL PROPERTY TO SELL THEN PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NEAREST OFFICE OF GEOFFREY COLLINGS & CO FOR A FREE MARKETING APPRAISAL.
- March (7.4 mi)
Nearest schoolsUse the school checker
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Compare broadband deals
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- March (7.4 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
There are no nearby secondary schools found.
Due to the frequency with which Inspection bodies, such as Ofsted, provide us with updates, there could be a delay of up to 8 weeks between a rating being updated and it being displayed on Rightmove. This data is provided for informational purposes only and Rightmove plc does not accept any liability for decisions based on this data. The data is sourced from Experian and contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. Experian does not accept responsibility for any inference or conclusion derived from the data by third parties.
Disclaimer - Property reference 28221765. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Geoffrey Collings & Co, Long Sutton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.