2 bedroom terraced house for saleCASTLE ACRE
A charming brick and flint period terraced cottage with magnificent panoramic views over rolling countryside and the Nar Valley. The property has been tastefully modernised, to a particularly high standard throughout, and would make an absolutely perfect weekend retreat.
PROPERTIES IN THIS HISTORICAL NORFOLK VILLAGE ARE ALWAYS HIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER AND AN EARLY VIEWING IS THEREFORE ESSENTIAL!
CASTLE ACRE: Is conveniently situated, just off the A1065 trunk road, approximately 5 miles North of Swaffham. The village is famous for its Norman Castle ruins and Priory, attracting visitors from far afield. There are adequate local amenities including shops, Public Houses and School. A more comprehensive range of facilities are available in the neighbouring town of Swaffham.
Dark green coloured, part glazed leaded glass, composite door leading into:
12'2" (3.71m) max. x 11' (3.35m)
UPVC double glazed window to front, sealed feature fireplace with tiled hearth and mock beam over. Tiled floor, exposed timber lintel beams over window and entrance door, power points, electric thermostatically controlled heater, two wall lights, picture light fitting. Eye level cupboard containing RCD consumer unit and electric meter. Wall mounted combined TV and satellite aerial socket together with wall mounted TV bracket. Step up into:
12'3" (3.73m) max. x 7'5" (2.26m) max.
[measurements include stairs area]
Cream coloured base and wall cabinets, wine and plate racks, round edge work surface areas incorporating inset scratch resistant single drainer sink with mixer tap over. Rangemaster 690 range cooker with ceramic five ring hob and Rangemaster extractor canopy over. Ceramic wall tiling, six recessed ceiling spotlights, power points, tiled floor, understairs open storage space, stairs to first floor, steps up into:
REAR ENTRANCE LOBBY
Cupboard housing a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo high efficiency hot water tank with dual immersion heaters. Alcove with pine base cupboard, cloaks rail and shelf over. Tiled floor, composite door with part leaded glass panel leading to rear. Pine door and coloured leaded glass panel to side leading into:
White suite comprising of push-button flush WC, hand basin and 'P'-shape bath with curved glass shower screen, central mixer taps and shower mixer. Fully tiled walls, tiled floor, UPVC opaque glass double glazed window to rear, Dimplex triple bar wall mounted electric heater. Ceiling centre light, recessed spotlight and combined extractor over bath area. Recessed shelved store cupboard with double pine access doors.
Stairs from Kitchen to:
FIRST FLOOR AND LANDING
Access to roof space, stained pine doors leading off to:
12'2" (3.71m) max. x 11'2" (3.40m) max.
[measurements includes cupboards and alcove area]
Stained pine door to built-in wardrobe, separate matching door to shallow depth shelved store cupboard. Dado rail, power points, TV aerial socket, electric thermostatically controlled electric heater, UPVC double glazed window to front with fabulous panoramic views over Nar Valley and rolling countryside.
9'7" (2.92m) x 7'5" (2.26m)
Electric thermostatically controlled heater, power points, TV aerial socket, two recessed spotlights above bed area, double doors to built-in cupboard, UPVC sealed unit double glazed window to rear.
FRONT: Raised brick weave terrace with brick and flint boundary wall. Steps down to road and stunning rural views.
Right of way around side of row to:
REAR: Brick weaved pathway, outside cold water tap, immediately outside rear entrance door, with steps and retaining wall to a split-level raised brick terrace. Close board boundary fencing and access through to:
An additional, fully enclosed, decked area: with rear boundary fence overlooking the village Church of St. James.
Please Note: There is a right of way in favour of the other cottages in the row, over the brick weaved pathway.
SERVICES: Mains water (metered) and electricity connected. Septic tank drainage.
COUNCIL TAX: Band A
DIRECTIONS: Take the A1065 north from Swaffham towards Fakenham. Take the first Castle Acre turning left, off the A1065 and follow towards the village. Continue along this road, over the River Nar bridge and then just past the Castle Acre village sign turn left into Blind Lane. A short way down this road bear right where the road forks into Chimney Street. Continue up to the top of Chimney Street and you will find the property along on your right hand side, indicated with our for sale board.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE:
1) Money Laundering Regulations: Under the protection against Money Laundering and Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, intending purchasers will be asked for proof of identification and current residency. In this connection, we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale and instructing solicitors.
2) General: Every endeavour is made to ensure our sales particulars are fair, accurate and reliable. However, they are only intended as a guide and any queries should be raised before viewing.
3) Measurements: These are approximate room sizes and are intended only for general guidance.
4) Photographs: All photographs reproduced in either our sales particulars, or on the internet and office displays, are for general information, and it should not be inferred that any items shown are included in the sale.
5) Services and Equipment: The services, central heating system and any appliances mentioned in either these particulars or on the website have not been tested by ourselves and therefore cannot be guaranteed to be in full working order. We strongly advise all prospective purchasers to employ their own independent surveyor or qualified service expert report prior to proceeding with the purchase.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SWA0001341. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Revell Estate Agents Limited, Swaffham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.