8 bedroom house for saleBucklers Hard, Beaulieu, Brockenhurst, Hampshire
- Reception hall, drawing room, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, billiard room, cinema room
- Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and dressing room, guest bedroom suite, 3 further bedrooms, family bathroom
- Adjoining annexe with sitting room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 family bathrooms and gym/bedroom 4
- Garaging complex, swimming pool, tennis court, pool house
- Gardens and grounds of approximately 3.9 acres
Little Salterns is a fantastic property sitting on the shores of the Beaulieu River. The position is unlike any other and is incredibly private, enjoying the most fabulous views of the water and Isle of Wight beyond.
Access to Little Salterns is down a private road shared with other properties. The principal house sits to the rear of this spacious plot and offers excellent accommodation across two floors. On entering the house you are immediately struck with the incredible view from the front door through the dining room to the garden and water beyond. The house is an open crescent and the accommodation flows well from the central hallway. The large drawing room has a fantastic view of the garden and has a separate bar area. The bespoke kitchen/breakfast room has been beautifully made. The cabinets in the central island are set under a pearlised marble work surface. There is also a large Larcornue range style cookerwith further built in appliances. This room really represents the heart of the house, and is perfect for entertaining. The kitchen leads through to the utility room and most impressively a glazed corridor which links the original house to the separate annexe.
The bedrooms on the first floor are neatly spread out with the principal bedroom suite with ensuite bathroom and dressing room occupying the prime position with a wonderful view of the garden and water’s edge. There are four further bedrooms in the principal house with two further bathrooms (one ensuite).
The annexe has been beautifully adjoined to the main house with a glazed link and provides excellent accommodation including a cinema room and billiard room. The first floor in the annexe is occupied by four further bedrooms with separate
sitting room and kitchen, perfect for guests or extended family.
Little Salterns sits on the banks of the prettiest and most exclusive river in Hampshire which leads into the Solent, the most popular and sheltered yachting area in the country. From the entrance it is a short sail across to Cowes, or to the west, to Yarmouth or Lymington. The Beaulieu River is privately owned by the Montagu family, as is the village of Beaulieu. Moorings are available close to the property and berths also available at Bucklers Hard marina. The Royal Southampton Yacht Club has a restaurant and jetty at Gin’s Farm, not far from Little Salterns, and members can keep a dinghy there or use a taxi service to go out to their boats.
The nearby village of Beaulieu has several specialised shops, plus garden centre, farm shop, good pub and superb restaurant plus tea shop. There are excellent schools in the area including nearby Walhampton School and King Edward VI in Southampton. Winchester College, St Swithuns, Bryanston, Clayesmore and Canford are also easily accessible. Road links afford easy access to the market town of Lymington and there is a direct train service from Brockenhurst to Waterloo taking approximately 95 minutes.
The gardens and grounds are absolutely stunning, not only are they are incredibly private but they are beautifully maintained.
Principally the garden is mainly laid to lawn, surrounded by mature oak trees and interspersed with herbaceous and flower borders. The swimming pool and pool house are set slightly away from the house. The tennis court is enclosed and has recently been laid.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57624220.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LON160188. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, National Country House Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.