5 bedroom detached house for saleSlapton, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7
- TWO PROPERTIES
- Superbly renovated Devon farmhouse
- Barn conversion which sleeps 6
- PP to extend barn or create seperate unit
- Outbuildings ideal for development
- Potential for holiday complex
- Market garden potential
- Completely self-sufficient
- Charming character features
- Delightful grounds of 7 acres
The beautiful vista down to the nearby beach, at Slapton Sands, can be enjoyed from a charming grassy mound that bounds part of Merrifields land. The famous beach is technically a coastal bar and behind the pebble beach is a nature reserve which abounds with wildlife.
This is only the third time in 71 years that Merrifield has come to the market. It is a special house full of intrigue and character. Originally a farmers cottage dating from around the 1400s, it has been thoughtfully and sympathetically extended and renovated over the years to produce a spacious family home, with an abundance of charm and re-development potential still to be capitalized upon. Ideal for someone looking for additional or ancillary holiday accommodation.
There are many attractive and period features in the properties. The main farmhouse has a circular granite staircase leading off from the dining room, an ancient well in the entrance hallway now offers comfortable seating with a twist.
Of the handsome selection of barns and stone outbuildings, one has already been converted into a spacious 2 bedroom property with a mezzanine level. Planning permission is still current to convert further of the barns. The extensive gardens and grounds, approximately 7 acres, offer wonderful walks through the Monterey pines and established magnolias in the arboretum.
Money Laundering Regulations
Prior to a sale being agreed, prospective purchasers will be required to produce identification documents. Your co-operation with this, in order to comply with Money Laundering regulations, will be appreciated and assist with the smooth progression of the sale.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57630370.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KIN160283. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Kingsbridge - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.