5 bedroom house for saleWestover, Langport, Somerset, TA10
- Cottage No. 1 - 3 Bedrooms, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Bathroom
- Cottage No. 2 - 3 Bedrooms, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Bathroom
- Parking Area with Outbuildings and Car Port
- Delightful Cottage Garden with Stores
- Vegetable Garden with potential for development (STPP)
- Mains Gas
Tremendous Flexibility, Generous Accommodation, Gardens with Potential Development. EPC Bands G and E
Nos. 1 & 2 Westover are a pair of intertwined (but easily untangled) Blue Lias and red brick cottages with a generous cottage garden and a former vegetable garden that may have potential, subject to the necessary permissions, as a building plot.
Our client has lived in the houses since her birth 94 years ago! We are told that the cottages were former offices associated with the former Westover railway station.
The cottages now require repair and complete refurbishment but offer a good degree of flexibility to combine into a generous family home, may be incorporating a self-contained annexe, or remaining as two cottages and attracting a rental income.
There is mains gas to the properties; No. 1 has limited heating installed but No. 2 has a Vaillant boiler and partial radiator heating system. There is mostly uPVC double glazed windows throughout both properties.
Note – Please be aware that the cottages are unregistered.
The property occupies an almost hidden location tucked down from the road on the western outskirts of Langport. It is within 500 yards from the centre of the town which offers an extensive range of everyday amenities including shops, post office, bank, doctors' and dentists' surgeries, library, inns, schools, churches, garages etc.
Huish Episcopi Academy with its adjoining sixth form and sports centre with sporting facilities for all ages is situated close by at Huish Episcopi.
Other nearby centres include Taunton, Yeovil and Bridgwater, all about thirteen miles distant.
The M5 Motorway can be accessed at Taunton (junction 25) and Bridgwater (junction 24).
There are main line rail links at Taunton, Castle Cary and Yeovil.
Langport is surrounded by excellent walking and cycling country that is steeped in history. Nearby attractions include National Trust and English Heritage properties, beautiful gardens, conservation areas and RSPB and Wildlife Trust reserves.
The frontages are on a no through lane with just two other properties needing to pass their doorsteps. No. 1 has a side garden laid mainly to lawn and with access to a workshop and gated access to the rear garden.
A driveway leads to a parking area, car port and red brick outbuildings. Please note that No. 3 Westover has a right of way over the driveway to its own parking space.
The rear cottage garden is a neat delight of planting, lawn, seating areas, greenhouses and raised beds. There are two red brick former ‘privvies’ used as stores.
Beyond the cottage garden is the former vegetable garden which is enclosed and potentially accessed through the car port.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58217212.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAN160158. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Greenslade Taylor Hunt, Langport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.