6 bedroom detached house for saleBeddlestead Lane, Chelsham, Surrey, CR6
- Lovely views over rolling Surrey countryside
- Semi rural position yet within the M25
- Fine period former farmhouse
- Wealth of period features
- Attached Barn with Swimming Pool
- Detached two bedroom Cottage
- Excellent range of outbuildings
- Delightful gardens extending to approximately 9.2 Acres
With views over the adjoining Surrey countryside and set in a semi rural, yet convenient position, a characterful Grade II* Listed former farmhouse with origins back to the fourteenth century. Extended and encased in the early nineteenth century the house has timber, brick and flint external elevations with sash to the front and camber head casements to the rear. Internally the fine oak frame is visible, as well as tied beams and deep brick fireplaces. The present owners carried out a programme of improvement some years ago, however now the property presents a marvellous opportunity for further sympathetic updating and restoration – subject to any necessary planning constraints.
Accommodation in the main house is arranged over three floors. There are four spacious reception rooms including a triple aspect Drawing Room with bar area and elegant dual aspect formal Dining Room. The Kitchen has a good range of wall and base cabinetry with an Aga and there is a separate utility room. The impressive barn style Pool Complex houses a 10 meter pool under a vaulted, beamed ceiling with doors opening on to the front and rear gardens and there is a seating area with bar, a built in bbq, changing facilities, a shower and steam room. The first floor is given over to four bedrooms which are served by four bathrooms (three ensuite). The master bedroom suite enjoys a double aspect with a generous ensuite bathroom and separate dressing room. The second floor has two attic bedrooms.
Beddlestead House occupies a very pleasant semi-rural situation yet is within the M25. Thriving local towns of Warlingham and Oxted (4.4 and 4 miles respectively) offer very good local amenities including banks, supermarkets, restaurants and coffee houses with Oxted also having a cinema and leisure centre. Trains from Oxted to London Victoria and London Bridge – journey times from 34 and 28 minutes respectively), whilst the M25 J6 is approximately 8.1 miles distant. Schooling locally is excellent in both the state and private sectors and include primary schools at Warlingham, Tatsfield and Woldingham, Hazlewood Prep School and Woldingham School for Girls.
In addition to the house there are numerous out buildings which total 6700 sq ft. A two bedroom cottage, two barns measuring 104 ft x 28ft and 82ft x 15 ft, garaging for five vehicles. The property is approached over a long sweeping carriage driveway with electric wrought iron gates through the delightful grounds that extend to some 9.2 acres. The landscaped gardens have mature trees and shrubs which border manicured lawns. There is a large pond and established herbaceous borders, together with a former kitchen garden with greenhouse.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58316401.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CAT140301. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons International Sales, Caterham & Oxted. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.