10 bedroom detached house for saleWoodmancote, Henfield, West Sussex
- Reception hall | Inner hall | Drawing room | Dining room | Sitting room | Study | Family room | Billiard room | Kitchen/Breakfast room | Laundry room | Utility room | Boot room | (truncated)
- Master bedroom suite | 9 Further bedrooms (3 ensuite) | 3 Bath/shower rooms | First floor kitchen
- 2 Bedroom housekeeper's cottage | Excellent range of outbuildings including workshop, machinery store and period barn | 3 Garage blocks | Courtyard with 10 stables, Tack room and manege
- Walled garden | Outdoor swimming pool with pool house and loggia | Stunning formal gardens and grounds with well stocked lakes and pasture | Planning consent for the erection of a hay (truncated)
- About 50 acres
- A further 100 acres of land and cottage are available by separate negotiation.
Woodmancote Place is a rare opportunity to purchase a magnificent country house in a most private and peaceful setting.
Situated on the edge of the South Downs National Park with land totaling 50 acres, this beautiful estate offers exceptionally presented accommodation, outbuildings and equestrian facilities whilst also being in a highly convenient location with the A23(M23) offering exceptionally quick access to London. The house has been fully restored and sympathetically decorated by the current owners.
The property is Grade II listed and featured in the Domesday Book. It sits at the head of a long drive and is positioned centrally within its land with a glorious outlook over a series of lakes. The house has seven impressive reception rooms, 9 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and in addition there is a two bedroom Housekeeper’s Cottage.
The majority of the outbuildings have been meticulously restored by the current owners – many of which form a courtyard adjacent to the extensive equestrian facilities - extending to just over 10,000 square feet.
The gardens and grounds are undoubtedly a key feature of Woodmancote Place and extend in all to about 50 acres. These include a walled kitchen garden, outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and extensive equestrian facilities including ten stables, tack room and manege, well socked lakes and pasture.
Henfield village, approximately one mile to the north west provides good local amenities whilst Brighton, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Lewes are all within striking distance for more extensive shopping, schooling and entertainment.
Communications by road are excellent, with the A23 within easy reach, providing access to the south coast, Gatwick airport (about 22 miles) and the M25. Rail services to London are available from Haywards Heath and Hassocks, about 44 and 51 miles respectively.
The area provides an excellent selection of state and private schools, notably Steyning Grammar, Lancing College, Brighton College and Hurstpierpoint. There are numerous sporting and recreational facilities in the area including excellent tennis, spa and fitness facilities at the nearby Wickwoods private country club, golf at West Sussex Golf Club, racing at Fontwell, Brighton, Plumpton and Goodwood, sailing from Chichester Harbour and polo at Cowdray Park. The riding and walking are superb with direct access to the bridleway network linking to the South Downs.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58397695.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LEW130030. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, National Country House Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.