Land for saleAppuldurcombe, Appuldurcombe Road, Wroxall, Ventnor, PO38
- Two residential dwellings
- Entertainment building with two apartments, café, beer cellar, work storage area and pump room
- Outdoor heated swimming pool and adjoining toddlers pool
- Three toilet/shower blocks Reception, shop & laundrette
- 40 static caravan pitches and 134 touring caravan pitches
- Planning permission to develop 6 lodges Land with potential for further development 12 month season Approximately 12.3 acres [4.98 ha]
Appuldurcombe Gardens Holiday Park has been developed over many years to a 5 Star standard awarded by the English Tourist Board and 5 Pennant Rating by the AA. The Park also recently became The South East Regional Finalist in the Practical motorhome and Practical Caravan Top 100 Sites 2014.
The property is situated within the Valley of Stenbury and St Martin's Downs, a designated 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty'. It is located on the outskirts of Wroxall, close to the resorts of Ventnor and Sandown on the south coast of the Isle of Wight. The Isle of Wight is a popular tourist destination and benefits from a wide range of attractions and spectacular scenery. The town of Cowes, some 11.2 miles from the property, is host to many prestigious international yacht races including the renowned Cowes Week.
Appuldurcombe Gardens Holiday Park is currently developed to provide 40 static caravan pitches and 134 mixed touring caravan, motorhome and camping pitches, spread over three sections. The park benefits from good quality amenity buildings which incorporate two apartments, as well as an outdoor heated swimming pool. Two attractive period residential dwellings known as the Grey House and High Barn House are also included with the property, which comprises approximately 12.3 acres [4.98 ha] in total.
The static caravans are laid out within the former walled gardens of Appuldurcombe House, the surrounding grounds to which were designed by the famous landscape architect Capability Brown. This area, known as The Orchard, adopts an informal layout of fully serviced pitches and currently provides 40 sited caravans and one timber chalet, all of which are owned and operated as hire fleet holiday letting accommodation.
The touring caravan pitches are laid out within an open grassed area to the rear of the main reception offices and toilet/shower block. A further recently built toilet block has been constructed to a high standard and provides 5 star facilities adjoining this area. There are 134 electrical hook-up points and the area provides a variety of hardstanding pitches with one shared water point between two pitches, fully serviced pitches, grass pitches with shared water points & standard grass pitches. A stream meanders alongside The Meadow area, which includes a tranquil area for relaxing and nature watching.
The Grey House Constructed of local stone and a pitched slate roof, the property has been modernised over recent years but retains the original windows and other features of character. Ground floor - front entrance porch leading into the main open hall with original flagstone flooring, sitting room with parquet floor and open fireplace, dining room with parquet floor and kitchen with a door leading to the park. First floor - three bedrooms and bathroom.
High Barn House Constructed of local stone with a pitched slate roof the building has been converted into the park owner's living accommodation, with its own access from Redhill Lane, which adjoins the western boundary of the property. Private gardens surround the house, together with a double garage. Ground floor - sitting room, dining room, kitchen, study, toilet and storage cupboard. First floor - three bedrooms, bathroom and toilet.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WND170042. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills New Homes, Southampton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.