4 bedroom house for saleConeyhurst Road, Billingshurst, West Sussex
- Entrance hall, drawing room, sitting room
- Kitchen/dining room, conservatory, study
- Utility, cellar
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- 3 further bedrooms (2 en-suite)
- Family bathroom
- In all approx. 3777 SqFt
- EPC: F
- Swimming pool, pool house & tennis court
- Private garden and garage
Approached via a private gravelled drive, Rowfold
House is situated in an elevated position with
beautiful views over the surrounding countryside.
This superb period property, offers spacious and
versatile accommodation with a wealth of period
features. Believed to date from the 1830’s, with later Edwardian additions, the property forms a major wing of this former country house with the added advantage of its own, separate, private access and grounds. Features of note include; arched hall with painted wood panelling, ornate ceiling moulding, cornicing, picture and dado rails and high ceilings throughout, along with period fireplaces boasting marble surrounds. The stunning Drawing room with triple, virtually floor to ceiling, picture windows commands views over the formal lawns whilst the double aspect master bedroom suite has views towards Chanctonbury Ring. The ground floor layout lends itself to the possibility of providing a one bed annex with separate access if required. The formal gardens are delightful, being mainly laid to lawn with mature trees, flower and shrub borders, ornamental pond and attractive paved terrace area under a handsome period veranda. The heated swimming pool and tennis court are positioned in a secluded area of the grounds providing privacy yet still enjoying far reaching views.
The village of Billingshurst is approx. 1 mile distant
and offers a variety of shops and amenities for
everyday needs as well as mainline station to London Vict (71 mins). The historic market town of
Horsham provides a more comprehensive range of facilities including Swan Walk shopping centre, The Carfax with its cobbled streets and varied Restaurant quarter, Horsham Park and Pavillions
Leisure Centre, Horsham Sports Club, arts centre with cinema and theatre and a mainline railway station which provides links to London Bridge (about 54 minutes) and London Victoria (about 52
minutes). There are also excellent road connections to Guildford, Brighton, Gatwick Airport, and the M25 Motorway Network. There are a number of good schools in the area, both in the state and private sector, notably Farlington and Christ’s Hospital, as well as The Weald, Pennthorpe and Handcross Park.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58541947.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HOR130201. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Horsham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.