4 bedroom detached house for saleColwell Common Road, Totland Bay, Isle of Wight
- Substantial five bedroom detached home
- Three reception rooms, conservatory & walk in larder
- Double garage & large driveway
- Sought after & enviable location
- Good size rear garden & a variety of outbuildings
- Spacious accommodation throughout
- EPC energy rating F (38)
This substantial arts and crafts style home is offered for sale chain free. In the family of its present owners since 1961, the property features large rooms and extensive accommodation over two floors.Its position, set back from the road and Colwell Common, provides privacy whilst at the same time being within walking distance of shops in Totland and Freshwater. The detached double garage and private driveway allow ample off road parking; enough for the largest of families.The gardens surrounding the home offer a variety of features, with a wild garden to the side and a pretty walled garden and orchard at the rear. To the rear of the kitchen / utility room is an enclosed courtyard giving access to two brick outbuildings.On the ground floor the property offers two large reception rooms, a conservatory and a good sized kitchen / breakfast room with an Aga and walk-in larder. The first floor has five bedrooms, four of which are good sized doubles. The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room. There is also a family bathroom, with a bath and shower, and an additional separate shower room. The property offers a large, mostly boarded loft with a fixed stairway access, ideal for storage or potential to convert to a further bedroom (subject to relevant permissions). For buyers seeking a character home in which to make their mark, this impressive & commanding family home offers an array of options. It is situated in a picturesque setting within a short distance of a well appointed village and the beach, and is in easy reach of the mainland car ferry link from Yarmouth to Lymington.
What the Owner says:
This is a real family home with large rooms and a safe, interesting garden, ideal for young explorers! The unusual footprint means that there is lots of light flooding in and varied views of the garden from every room. The house has been in the family for nearly 60 years, during which time it has seen generations of children growing up, and countless family visitors passing through. It has a warm and welcoming feel.With Colwell Common to the front, and the beach at Colwell only a five minute walk away, this really is a dream house to bring up a family – we certainly found it so!
- GROUND FLOOR
- Entrance Hall
- Study: 8'0 x 5'8 (2.44m x 1.73m)
- Lounge: 28'0 x 17'11 (8.54m x 5.46m)
- Conservatory: 24'8 x 8'5 (7.52m x 2.57m)
- Dining Room: 8'11 x 7'7 (2.72m x 2.31m)
- Kitchen: 15'10 x 12'10 (4.83m x 3.91m)
- Utility Room: 6'11 x 4'11 (2.11m x 1.50m)
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bedroom 1: 15'7 x 10'4 (4.75m x 3.15m)
- Bedroom 2: 14'10 x 12'9 (4.52m x 3.89m)
- Bedroom 3: 13'11 x 11'11 (4.24m x 3.63m)
- Bedroom 4: 13'0 x 12'1 (3.97m x 3.69m)
- Family Bathroom
- Shower Room
- Bedroom 5: 13'1 x 8'11 (3.99m x 2.72m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60901170. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.