4 bedroom detached house for salePitchers, Salway Ash, Bridport
This beautifully presented four bedroom detached family home boasting wonderful countryside views is situated in the sought after village of Salway Ash, on the outskirts of Bridport. Well maintained throughout, the property offers a spacious sitting room, kitchen-diner, separate dining room, large conservatory, downstairs WC, en-suite shower room to master bedroom, and a family bathroom. It also offers private south-facing wraparound gardens, double garage with plentiful off-road parking and shared ownership to an adjoining orchard of approximately a third of an acre. EPC rating E.
Situation - The property is situated in the sought after village of Salwayash, on the outskirts of Bridport. The village enjoys a number of local amenities including a village school, church, village hall and Washingpool Farm shop just outside the village. Nearby Bridport is renowned for its friendly and vibrant culture, and fantastic reputation for quality local food and art. Within the town's boundary also lies West Bay, an idyllic fishing village situated on the famous Jurassic Coastline. Local facilities include a post office, arts centre, theatre, leisure centre, library, cinema and museum. There are also regular bus services to Exeter, Lyme Regis, Beaminster, Yeovil, Dorchester, Weymouth and Poole.
Accommodation - This beautiful family home offers a wealth of spacious and well-presented accommodation throughout, including three wonderful reception rooms. There is a large sitting room with gas fire with marble hearth and surround and a separate dining room offering plenty of space for entertaining. Both those rooms include access to a good-size UPVC double glazed conservatory, which enjoys stunning views over the garden, orchard and surrounding countryside. There is oak flooring in the spacious hallway while the kitchen/breakfast room benefits from a quarry-tiled floor and a range of integral appliances. There is also a downstairs cloakroom and under stairs storage. The first floor offers four bedrooms including master en-suite shower room. There are also built-in wardrobes in two of the bedrooms and a family bathroom. UPVC double glazed and oil fired heated, the property also boasts a double garage and plentiful off-road parking. There is also a wonderful, private, southerly facing wraparound garden laid mainly to lawn and a shared ownership orchard of approximately a third of an acre (see Agents Notes for more information). The thatched roof has been regularly maintained. EPC rating E.
Key Features - * Beautifully presented thatched family home offering a wealth of living space.
* Four double bedrooms.
* Spacious hallway with under stairs storage and oak flooring.
* Fabulous kitchen/breakfast room benefiting from quarry-tiled flooring and a range of integral appliances including fridge/freezer and Neff oven and hob.
* Large sitting room with central feature marble surround fireplace and French doors leading to the conservatory.
* Separate dining room with French doors leading to the conservatory and views on to the garden.
* Master en-suite shower room and modern family bathroom
* Wonderful conservatory with French doors leading to the sitting room and dining room, enjoying stunning views over the garden, orchard and surrounding countryside.
* Fully double glazed with oil central heating throughout.
* Delightful, private, southerly facing wraparound gardens laid mainly to lawn together with shared ownership of an adjoining orchard, of approximately a third of an acre.
* Double garage with plentiful off-road parking.
* Situated in the village of Salway Ash on the outskirts of Bridport.
Dimensions - 5.87m x 5.79m (19'03 x 19'00) - Ground Floor:
Sitting Room: 18'06 x 12.08 (5.64m x 3.86m)
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 18'04 max x 13'11 max (5.59m max x 3.86m max)
Dining Room: 14'04 x 11'10 (4.37m x 3.61m)
WC: 6.10 x 2'11 (2.08m x 0.89m)
Conservatory: 18'06 x 12'09 (5.64m x 3.89m)
Master Bedroom: 18'06 x 11'02 max (5.64m x 3.40m max)
En-suite Shower Room: 6'01 x 5'08 (1.85m x 1.73m)
Bedroom Two: 14'05 x 12'0 (4.39m x 3.66m)
Bedroom Three: 11'02 x 10'05 (3.40m x 3.18m)
Bedroom Four: 11'02 x 8'04 (3.40m x 2.54m)
Bathroom: 6'11 x 6'10 (1.85m x 1.73m)
Double Garage: 19'03 x 19'00 (5.87m x 5.79m)
Agents Notes - The homeowner part owns the orchard (approximately third of an acres) along with a neighbour. There are covenants on the land and they share the cost of maintaining it. Ask agent for more details.
Services - Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Oil fired heating. Broadband and satellite are also available.
Local Authorities - West Dorset District Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1UZ Tel: 01305 251010.
We are advised that the council tax band is F.
Viewings - Strictly by appointment with the sole agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel 01308 420111
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58686022.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26858240. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Parkers Property Consultants And Valuers, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.