6 bedroom detached house for salePassage Lane, Fowey
BEAUTIFUL VICTORIAN VILLA DATING BACK TO 1895, SITUATED IN A RURAL LOCATION OF THE EDGE OF FOWEY IN A TRANQUIL SETTING. Restored by the current owners, the property retains many original Victorian features and offers flexible accommodation with further detached annexe, set in beautiful grounds.
Directions - •Truro - 23 miles
•Exeter - 74 miles
•Par (mainline station) - 3.5 miles
•Newquay Airport - 23 miles
(Distances are approximate)
The Location - Fowey is regarded as one of the most attractive waterside communities in the county. Particularly well known as a popular sailing centre, the town has two thriving sailing clubs, a famous annual Regatta and excellent facilities for the keen yachtsman. For a small town Fowey provides a good range of shops and businesses catering for most day to day needs. The immediate area is surrounded by many miles of delightful coast and countryside much of which is in the ownership of the National Trust. Award winning restaurants, small boutique hotels, excellent public houses etc, have helped to establish Fowey as a popular, high quality, destination.
There are several excellent golf courses within easy reach, many world class gardens are to be found in the immediate area and the fascinating Eden Project with its futuristic biomes is just 5 miles to the north west. There are good road links to the motorway system via the A38/A30. Railway links to London, Paddington, can be made locally at Par, and St. Austell and there are flights to London and other destinations from Newquay.
The Property - Set within grounds of approximately 6 acres on the edge of the waterside town of Fowey, stands this impressive Victorian property offering over 5000 sq ft of accommodation. The property has been beautifully renovated by the current owners only a few years ago and offers stylish and flexible living areas including four reception rooms, six bedrooms, two en suite bathrooms and two family bathrooms. There is also a sizeable cellar, double garage and detached annexe offering further accommodation.
Dating back to 1895, the property retains many restored Victorian features including ornate wooden doors, cornicing and gothic bannisters and tiled floors. Facing south, there are delightful rural views and the enclosed, landscaped gardens are a delight, encorporating a charming walled garden, further landscaped area to the rear with detached annexe of bespoke design which includes office area, kitchenette, wet room and outside decked area with fabulous rural views.
To the side of the property there is a paddock of approximately 4 acres of grassland, suitable for equestrian use or potential smallholding.
• Delightful Victorian villa set in private location within approximately 6 acres of grounds
• Beautiful south facing formal gardens to front and rear.
• Four large reception rooms, stunning kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and laundry room.
• Six generous double bedrooms, including master suite with dressing room and stylish en suite bathroom.
• Double garage and spacious cellar with potential for further uses.
• Bespoke designed Annexe or "home office" including kitchenette and wet room, large south facing deck.
Agents Note - The property is accessed via a lane which is under the ownership of a neighbouring property. Lescrow Hay has full and un-encumbered right of way over this lane.
Local Authority - Cornwall Council, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 5DR
Viewing - Strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents: May Whetter & Grose, Estuary House, Fore Street, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AH. Tel: 01726 832299 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services - Mains electricity, mains water, private drainage system. Oil fired central heating. None of the services, systems or appliances at the property have been tested by the Agents.
Epc Rating E -
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58857298.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26881813. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by May Whetter & Grose, Fowey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.