4 bedroom house for saleThe West House, Arley Hall, Arley.
- A stunning courtyard house standing within the grounds of Arley Hall
- Four bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Open plan lounge/dining room
- Fabulous views towards Arley hall and the parkland beyond
- Year-round access to the renowned publicgardens
- EPC Band G
The Arley Estate including its splendid Hall has been in the same family ownership since the 12th century and the present house was built between 1832 and 1845. In order to preserve and maintain Arley, the gardens were open to the public in 1963 and the Hall in 1982 and they are now well established as part of the historic heritage of Cheshire.
In 1986, the Arley Trustees decided to restore the Hall and rebuild the wings which had been demolished in 1968 so as to recreate the original courtyard. The West House forms part of this exclusive development and was completed in 1988 to provide spacious accommodation enjoying fabulous views towards the Hall and parkland beyond with free access to the gardens for courtyard residents. The development was designed by distinguished architects Graham and Stoller of Bath and erected under their supervision by Curbishley and Partners of Pickmere.
The house itself provides tasteful accommodation and due to its position within the heart of the Arley Estate ensures direct access to the public gardens with a courtyard and gardens to the east of the Chapel being for exclusive use of the residents. Further detailed history of the Arley Estate and the West House Development are available upon request from the Agents' Knutsford office.
The accommodation itself is warmed by gas fired central heating and is briefly arranged as follows: Reception hall, cloakroom with W.C., a splendid open plan lounge/dining room enjoying views over Arley Hall itself and also having access to a private courtyard garden area. There is a good sized breakfast kitchen which in turn gives internal access to a garage. On the first floor the landing leads to the master bedroom with en suite shower room, three further well proportioned bedrooms and a family bathroom. Outside the courtyard provides off road parking and there is access to the integral garage together with a separate single garage within the separate garage building.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59013787.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TheWestHouseArleyHall. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Meller Braggins, Knutsford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.