5 bedroom cottage for saleBarbican Road, Plympton
Sold by Us
- Cottage Built Circa 1650 With No Onward Chain
- Character Features
- Grade II Listed
- 4 Double Bedrooms and A Single
- Spacious Lounge
- Good Sized Kitchen/Diner
- Family Bathroom & Separate WC
- On Street Parking Available Close By
- Close To Popular Plympton Castle
- Walking Distance of The Ridgeway
AGENTS COMMENT This cottage was originally two separate properties and it was thought that cattle used to roam through the ground floor of all the cottages in this row. The cottage certainly hasn't lost its charm as many of the original features still remain. The property has been in the same family since the 1980s after it was renovated. The property would suit a family as all the bedrooms are really decent sizes. The kitchen is a really good size room and has a lovely inglenook fireplace and the shell of an old bread oven which could be made more of a feature.
The accommodation is arranged over three floors, the good size kitchen/diner is the first room you enter in the main part of the house, this leads into the lounge which has a multi fuel burner as a central focal point. Its a triple aspect room and light floods the room throughout the day. From the kitchen there is a staircase that leads up to the next floor where there are two double bedrooms and a single bedroom of which two overlook the historic church. There is a family bathroom and a separate WC on this floor. Stairs lead up again onto the second floor, where there are two further double bedrooms. One room is very quirky and many of the original beams are on show. Outside, there is a communal courtyard which is shared with two neighbours however only a short walk away is the popular Plympton Castle which is hugely popular with families and dog walkers.
AREA DESCRIPTION This property is situated in the Historic St Maurice conservation area of Plympton, parts of which date back to 1100. This was originally a trading centre for locally mined tin and was the birth place of the World renowned artist Sir Joshua Reynolds. The focal point of St Maurice is the 1000 year old remains of a Motte and Bailey Castle. The property itself has been in the family for many years.
Plympton has developed over years, now standing with a population of approx 35,000 and growing. The area now benefits from two popular comprehensive schools called Hele Secondary School and Plympton Academy School. Plympton offers easy access to the A38 with its links to Bristol and London beyond. The town centre of Plympton has some large high street chains such as Boots and Peacocks as well as smaller independent boutiques offering all the day to day amenities you would expect with Tesco and Sainsbury just a short drive away.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59034295.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100198012477. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Maitlands , Plympton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.