6 bedroom detached house for saleKiln Drive, Hammill Brickworks, Sandwich, Kent
- STAMP DUTY PAID (see branch for terms and conditions)
- Absolutely stunning new build detached house
- Double garage with 1 bedroom annexe
- 5 bedrooms, 2 of which have en-suites
- Stunning open plan kitchen/dining/lounge area
- Beautiful rural views over nearby paddocks
Every detail has been meticulously considered in this impressive new family home built on the site of the old Hammill Brickworks. It is one of a very select number of self build properties to be constructed in this delightful spot surrounded by countryside.Once over the threshold you will be able to appreciate the spaciousness available and the quality of the finish from the oak doors and staircase, leading from the good sized entrance hall, to the vast array of bi-folding doors in the primary living space which incorporates large dining and lounge areas with two sets of bi-folding doors that open out to the large wraparound terrace. In between the lounge and dining areas is the magnificent kitchen with its array of hand built and hand painted Tom Howley kitchen fitments. The attractive central island includes a built in wine cooler and a D shaped breakfast bar where you can sit and relax over a morning coffee. There is also an adjacent utility room and cloak room. The large sitting room with patio doors and full height windows overlooks the garden at one end and a bay window at the other, making this a very light and airy room.Once on the first floor you can really appreciate the lovely views across the countryside from the bedrooms. Off the U shaped galleried landing is a very trendy family bathroom next door to a double bedroom. There is also another double bedroom with an en suite shower and a dressing room as well as the very large first bedroom with an en suite double shower room. On the top floor you will find a storage area and a landing. On one side is a lovely room with an en suite double shower room, a vaulted ceiling and windows on three sides providing outstanding views while on the other side is another double bedroom. Outside there is an easy to manage garden surrounded by a fence and hedging at the rear and, at the front of the property, there is a brick paved driveway with enough space to park at least six cars. This leads to the detached double garage that includes a very useful annex. This has a kitchenette on the ground floor and upstairs above the garage there is an open plan sitting room/bedroom and a shower room.
Please refer to the footnote regarding the services and appliances.
What the Developer says:
This rural country property is surrounded by farmland but is only a short distance from the village of Eastry and the hamlet of Woodnesborough. Eastry includes a convenience store, two hairdressers and a beauty therapy centre as well as a pharmacy and post office. The village hall is regularly used by many local organisations, including the local theatre company, the Horticultural Society, the Women’s Institute, the Snooker Club and the local playgroup. It is also the venue for many village activities such as Zumba, Morris Dancing and various health and fitness classes.
There is also the delightful Five Bells country pub that you can always take a walk to in the summer sunshine, while you can get your car repaired at the garage in Woodnesborough. The Eastry primary school is very good and nearby is the excellent Northbourne prep school.
If any family members are interested in riding there is a delightful equine centre literally across the road from the house as well as a number of off road bridle paths and a riding shop in the village. There are also plenty of places to take your dog for a bracing walk and provide you with the opportunity to experience the local wildlife. Indeed, only a short distance down Hammill road there is a dog grooming parlour and it is less than three miles to the White Mill veterinary centre.
It is easy to get to the lovely and historic Cinque Port town of Sandwich with its vast array of individual shops, restaurants and bars.
- Entrance Hall
- Sitting Room: 21'8 into bay (6.61m) narrowing to 19'3 (5.87m) x 12'5 (3.79m)
- Dining Area: 19'8 (6.00m) narrowing to 12'6 (3.81m) x 11'1 (3.38m)
- Kitchen/Breakfast Area: 19'1 x 11'3 (5.82m x 3.43m)
- Lounge Area: 25'2 x 9'3 (7.68m x 2.82m)
- Utility Room: 17'1 x 5'3 (5.21m x 1.60m)
- Bedroom 1: 19'3 x 12'6 (5.87m x 3.81m)
- En-suite Shower Room
- Bedroom 2: 13'0 x 11'4 (3.97m x 3.46m)
- En-suite Shower Room
- Walk In Wardrobe
- Bedroom 5: (L-shaped) 11'8 x 7'3 (3.56m x 2.21m) plus 6'0 x 5'2 (1.83m x 1.58m)
- Family Bathroom
- Bedroom 3: 15'1 x 11'8 (4.60m x 3.56m)
- Bedroom 4: 15'1 x 11'8 (4.60m x 3.56m)
- Shower Room
- Annex Kitchen: 18'9 x 6'5 (5.72m x 1.96m)
- Annex Bedroom: (L-shaped) 15'6 x 13'7 (4.73m x 4.14m) plus 12'0 x 7'6 (3.66m x 2.29m)
- En-Suite Shower Room
- Rear Garden
- Front Garden
- Double Garage: 21'0 x 18'9 (6.41m x 5.72m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 16001262. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.