4 bedroom character property for saleLOWER STOCKBRIDGE, TATHAM, LA2 8PT
- Situated in the most scenic rural position with splendid panoramic views
- Detached period farmhouse, c. 17th Century
- Could be renovated as it stands - three reception rooms, kitchen, five bedrooms
- Planning consent to remodel and extend if required
- Space to accommodate a double garage, subject to consent
- Grounds on all sides to landscape gardens
- Adjacent parcel of meadow, in all, 0.30 ha, 0.73 ac
- It's all about the potential - have you got the vision?
- Quiet rural setting within the Forest of Bowland
- Handy for Three Peaks, Yorkshire Dales and Lake District
Situated in a most scenic rural position and enjoying splendid panoramic views, Lower Stockbridge is a detached period farmhouse dating back to c. 17th Century, occupied by the same family since the early 1940s and now in need of complete restoration either with the layout as it stands now or there is planning consent to remodel and extend.
Planning consent was granted by Lancaster City Council on 1st February 2016, ref: 15/01534 for 'erection of a part single part two storey rear extension and a replacement porch to the front'.
Part of the front meadow is now included in the sale but if not required could be excluded. Buying the paddock would enable a buyer to keep poultry or a few sheep.
Mains electricity, private drainage to septic tank and private water supply from a shared well. The connection for B4RN fire-optic broadband has been installed into the property however cabling will be required.
Please note there is a public footpath which runs through the property onto Fairheath Lane. The vendor, also owns the land to the rear and he has confirmed that he would be happy for the path to be re-routed through his land to the rear (subject to the relevant consent).
A vehicular and pedestrian right of way will be granted from Fairheath Lane to the access gate at Lower Stockbridge with a contribution for maintenance costs. The vendor has planning consent to replace the Nissan hut with a purpose built implement shed (ref: 15/01599, dated 28th January 2016) further away from the house.
Tatham Fells is a scattered community which forms the upland part of the Tatham parish within the scenically renowned Forest of Bowland (AONB). There is a primary school at Lowgill just over a mile away. The nearest villages are Wray (Post Office/shop, tea room, pub and a primary school) 4 miles away and High Bentham (a busy working town with an active high street) 4.1 miles. The attractive market town of Kirkby Lonsdale (10.8 miles) also offers a good range of local amenities and the well-regarded Queen Elizabeth School, with the city of Lancaster and the large town of Kendal offering a more comprehensive selection. Lancaster is also home to girls' and boys' grammar schools. Wennington railway station is convenient for daily commuting on the Carnforth to Leeds line. The nearest station on the west coast railway line is at Lancaster.
From Low Bentham turn up by The Punch Bowl. Continue up the hill and take the second left onto Fairheath Lane (it's got a nameplate and is signposted Lowgills/Tatham Fells). Continue for a further 1.1miles following the road round to the right when the road forks. Turn first left onto a private track and parking can be found to the front of the property. As a marker, the gable end of the house is visible from Fairheath Road and features a distinctive round window.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59553725.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference DB1811. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Davis & Bowring, Kirkby Lonsdale. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.