5 bedroom detached house for saleBroadoak, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 5NR
- 3 Bedrooms, Sitting Room & Dining Area
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Store Room, Utility & Cloakroom
- Old Bakehouse - 2 bedroom stone holiday let
- Studio with kitchen & bathroom
- Outbuildings, Stable Block & Hay Barn, in all approx 4.57 acres (1.86 hectares).
A charming Grade II Listed former water mill with detached holiday let, set away from passing traffic, nestled in gardens and grounds of approximately 4.57 acres (1.85 ha).
As suggested from its title, this farm was originally a water mill, believed to have been owned by the local "Moores" family who are renowned for their biscuit production. This striking stone house is Grade II Listed being of Architectural and Historic Importance incorporating such features as an inglenook fireplace and exposed timbers, alongside modern day conveniences such as an oil fired central heating system. There is a welcome income to be generated from the 2 bedroom holiday let known as "Old Bakehouse" which enjoys its own garden area and water frontage to the River Char. A studio has also been created within the attic rooms of the house accessed by its own external steps. This would make an ideal area for a dependant relative, subject of course to any necessary consents. The total site extends to approximately 4.57 acres (1.85 ha), incorporating various paddocks which are dissected by the River Char, providing a picturesque setting alongside the luxury of considerable privacy and seclusion. Within the grounds are various outbuildings but of particular note is the modern stable block which lends itself ideally to the equine enthusiast.
N.B. Such Dorset gems rarely come to the market and this wonderful package with its own photovoltaic panels sets the scene for any potential purchaser to enjoy "the good life".
The site and situ is a particular feature being located at the end of a no through road whilst forming part of the popular Marshwood Vale.
The hamlet of Broadoak has a variety of period properties and is situated approximately 4 miles to the north-west of Bridport and close to the delightful Marshwood Vale, all situated in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Bridport has a twice weekly market as well as regular farmers' markets and offers a range of quirky and artisan local shops as well as a vintage quarter. The town's amenities include restaurants and hotels, a cinema and leisure centre, supermarkets, a museum, a health centre and a number of excellent primary schools and secondary schooling. Bridport has good access to the famous Jurassic Coast from the pretty harbour of West Bay with its assortment of pubs and restaurants and picturesque coastal path.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60083597.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BRI150178. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Symonds & Sampson, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.