6 bedroom terraced house for saleBridge Street, Bridport
Offers in Excess of
This unique home is situated on a significant plot (approx 3/4 of an acre) in the heart of the beautiful village of Netherbury between Bridport and Beaminster. Currently presented as two separate three bedroom cottages, which could be converted into one big family home, this property offers a wealth of versatile accommodation as well as annexe and income potential. With scope for modernisation and extension, this home also benefits from wonderful gardens and grounds, including a paddock, and a single garage. EPC ratings - Ere-Tiz Cottage rating F - Vidley Cottage rating E.
Situation - Bridge Street is set in the desirable and picturesque village of Netherbury. The village has a thriving community benefitting from a newly renovated village hall and the beautifully positioned St Mary's Church. The hall holds many activities to cater to all ages of the community, a local film night, playgroup and yoga sessions, to name but a few. Netherbury nestles along the Brit Valley offering many beautiful walks, trails and bridleways perfect for the outdoor enthusiast. The village hosts the renowned Netherbury Open Gardens when many of the local horticulturists open their gardens to the public. Historic Beaminster, Hardy's 'Emminster', is a short distance away offering convenient and bespoke shopping, as well as a number of renowned popular restaurants and brasseries, a leisure centre, a lovely local museum and primary and secondary schooling. Approximately five miles to the south is the vibrant market town of Bridport, which has a twice weekly market as well as regular farmers' and vintage markets, offering a range of shops and services such as restaurants and hotels, a renowned art centre, a cinema, leisure centre, supermarkets, a museum and a number of sought after primary and secondary schools.
Accommodation - Situated on a large plot (approx 3/4 of an acre) in a central village location, this wonderful property offers a wealth of versatile living accommodation and character features, including window seating, exposed beams and exposed internal stone walls. Currently presented as two cottages, Ere Tiz and Vidley Cottage, this property could easily be renovated into one large
family home or offer annexe or income potential. The two cottages both currently offer three bedrooms, sitting room, separate dining room, kitchen and family bathroom with separate showers and baths. Ere Tiz also includes a utility room while Vidley has a downstairs WC and access to a garage. Both properties also have separate heating systems, oil fired heating and
electric heating respectively, and the windows are a mixture of UPVC double glazing and wood. There is scope for modernisation and also potential for extension at the rear subject to planning consent. Perhaps the main feature of this property is the gardens though, which rise up gently from the back door before levelling off and leading to a large paddock. At the front, the property is situated directly on the roadside and there is no other off-road parking other than in the garage. EPC rating Ere-Tiz R - EPC rating Vidley Cottage D.
Key Features - Key Features
• Currently presented as two separate cottages, and offering potential for conversation to one large family home.
• Situated on a substantial plot of approximately three quarters of an acre.
• Located in a beautiful village setting.
• Offering a wealth of versatile accommodation as well as annexe and income potential, with scope for modernisation and
extension, subject to the necessary planning consent.
• Boasting an abundance of character features, including window seating, exposed beams and exposed internal stone walls.
• Both cottages currently boast three bedrooms, sitting room, separate dining room, kitchen and family bathroom with separate showers and baths.
• Ere Tiz also includes a utility room while Vidley has a downstairs WC and access to a garage.
• Separate heating systems to each cottage, oil fired heating and electric heating respectively.
Room Dimensions - Ere-Tiz Cottage:
Sitting Room: 15'10 x 13'08 (4.83m x 4.17m)
Dining Room: 14'0 x 8'05 (4.27m x 2.57m)
Kitchen: 13'10 x 8'11 (4.22m x 2.72m)
Utility Room: 9'08 x 7'05 (4.22m x 2.72m)
Bedroom One: 15'07 max x 11'01 max (4.75m max x 3.38m)
Bedroom Two: 11'0 x 8'06 (3.35m x 2.59m)
Bedroom Three: 12'03 x 9'08 (3.73m x 2.95m)
Bathroom: 10'04 max x 10'0 max (3.15m x 3.05m)
Sitting Room: 14'0 max x 13'09 (4.27m x 4.19m)
Dining Room: 16'0 x 8'11 (4.88m x 2.72m)
Kitchen: 14'01 x 7'10 max (4.27m x 2.39 max)
Garage: 17'01 x 10'02 (5.21m x 3.10m)
Bedroom One: 16'06 x 10'09 (5.03m x 3.28m)
Bedroom Two: 9'09 x 9'07 *(2.97m 2.92m)
Bedroom Three: 16'02 x 8'11 max (4.93m x 2.72m max)
Bathroom: 9'07 x 7'10 max (2.92m x 2.39m max)
Agents Notes: - There is restricted head height to the following rooms:
Ere-Tiz Cottage: Utility Room, Bedroom Three and Bathroom.
Vidley Cottage: Bedroom Three
Services - Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Oil fired and electric heating respectively. Broadband is also available.
Local Authorities - West Dorset District Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1UZ Tel: 01305 251010.
We are advised that the council tax band is D and D.
Viewings - Strictly by appointment with the agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel: 01308 420111
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 26992769. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Parkers Property Consultants And Valuers, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.