3 bedroom detached house for saleBeach Road, St Margarets Bay, Dover, Kent
- A wonderfully unique detached home
- Secluded setting surrounded by National Trust Land
- Beautiful mature garden
- Garage and ample driveway
- Spacious double aspect lounge/diner
- Within walking distance of St Margarets Bay beach
- EPC energy rating C (71)
If a stunning setting coupled with privacy and seclusion are top of your priority list, this unique property at the end of a private road nestling in beautiful grounds should really peak your interest. Surrounded by National Trust land and the impressive Pines Gardens with the White Cliffs of Dover behind the property, this location offers the ultimate in both a maritime and rural retreat. It is just the place to relax at the end of a working day or to look forward to enjoying it for holidays and at weekends.Built into the hillside the house includes a cool and elegant main bedroom and contemporary bathroom on the ground floor as well as the fitted kitchen and breakfast area with gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher, fridge and freezer and patio doors to the lower terrace. Upstairs there are two double bedrooms and the spacious lounge/diner with an attractive fireplace and doors to the upper terrace where you can sit and enjoy watching the wild life and listen to the birds. However, in many ways the house is a blank canvas and new owners could have the opportunity to extend and enhance the house, subject to the necessary planning consents, and really put their own stamp on the property.There is a sweeping drive at the front leading to the garage but the jewel in crown is the garden with its lawns, rockery, flower beds and plethora of stunning specimen trees and shrubs leading to the wild woodland area. The grounds were originally part of the property owned by Sir Peter Ustinov and where you can imagine him and his friends enjoying parties on summer evenings. He sold the land in about 1959 and the house was built shortly after.Sir Peter was stationed in St Margaret’s during the war and loved it so much so bought the land soon afterwards. He was not the only famous resident of this seaside village as Noel Coward and Ian Fleming also lived in cottages at the other end of the beach. Indeed it is rumoured that James Bond’s ‘007’ was based on the number 007 National Express bus into Canterbury.
What the Owner says:
"We fell in love with the location and the grounds the minute we saw the house. It has the peace and tranquillity we needed yet we are only a couple of miles from Martin Mill station for the high speed train to London and close to Deal, a vibrant seaside town. Nearer to home there are lovely walks along the Saxon Way and to the South Foreland lighthouse or you can wander down to the beach and enjoy a dip in the sea or stop at the Coastguard pub for a drink or a meal. This has recently been refurbished and is now rated as one of the Times Top 20 Coastal Pubs! To experience war time history you can have a look at the Hell Fire Corner museum or relax in the Pines Gardens.
The nearby village of St Margaret’s includes a general store and post office as well as The White Cliffs Hotel and the Smugglers restaurant and bar while the delightful seaside town of Deal offers a variety of individual shops, restaurants and bars. For golfing enthusiasts there are a number of excellent courses including the Championship course at Royal St George’s in Sandwich and boating aficionados can take advantage of the Downs Sailing club in Deal or the Royal Cinque Ports Yacht Club in Dover."
- Entrance Hall
- Kitchen: 12'9 x 8'7 (3.89m x 2.62m) plus 5'6 x 5'3 (1.68m x 1.60m)
- Bedroom 1: 16'6 x 9'7 (5.03m x 2.92m)
- Dressing Area
- Bath/Shower Room: 12'9 x 6'1 (3.89m x 1.86m)
- Lounge/Diner: 24'4 x 14'8 (7.42m x 4.47m)
- Bedroom 2: 13'0 x 10'1 (3.97m x 3.08m)
- Bedroom 3: 12'9 x 8'7 (3.89m x 2.62m)
- Rear Garden
- Side Garden
- Garage: 18'4 x 10'0 (5.59m x 3.05m)
- Bin Store: 18'5 x 5'5 (5.62m x 1.65m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 16001311. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.