Plot for saleHutton, Berwick Upon Tweed, Scottish Borders
• Planning has been agreed to convert Hutton Castle Barns Steading into 11 residential units.
• C-Listed steading.
• Located in Hutton, a popular village of the Scottish Borders.
• A short drive from Berwick and within a commutable distance of Edinburgh.
• In total 1.20 acres (0.48 hectares)
Berwick Railway Station 8 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 75 miles, Edinburgh 47 miles (all distances are approximate).
Hutton Castle Barns Steading is situated just to the west of the village of Hutton on the banks of the river Whiteadder. The property is within a short drive of the market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed which has an excellent range of facilities and amenities with a good selection of local and national shops and Supermarkets.
Beyond the local area is a range of popular attractions including historic castles and villages dotted along the outstandingly beautiful Northumberland coastline, the renowned Holy Island, the Cheviot Hills and popular market towns of Alnwick and Kelso.
The A1 trunk road provides easy, commutable access to Newcastle upon Tyne and Edinburgh with Berwick’s mainline train station offering quick and effective transport up and down the East Coast of the country.
Hutton Castle Barns Steading:
The development site at Hutton extends to 1.20 acres (0.48 hectares) and has planning permission for 11 residential steading conversions of varying size.
The design and construction of the site will be developed around the current agricultural buildings.
Planning permission has been granted for the following units.
Planning reference number - 16/01371/FUL
The consent is subject to four remaining conditions.
1/ A bat and badger survey.
2/ A drainage survey.
3/ An environmental survey.
Points 1, 2 & 3 would need to be commissioned and actioned before the development can progress.
4/ A local authority contribution. It is our understanding that a local authority contribution of circa £87,000 is payable once the site has been developed and sold on.
Further details are available through Scottish Borders Planning Portal.
• The water main runs along the road side.
• Electricity is on site.
• Drainage will need to be installed by the successful purchaser and rights of access and servitude over the neighbouring land will be granted by the current owner.
It would be the purchasers responsibly to investigate service connections.
The steadings are in a poor state to repair and viewings are strictly by appointment only. Any party that views without the agent is at their own risk.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60200268.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BER160016. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rettie & Co , Berwick upon Tweed. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.