1 bedroom flat for saleThe Durlocks, Folkestone, Kent
- Over 60s only under Homewise's lifetime lease plan
- Discounts range from 8.5% to 59%
- The actual price you will pay depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria
- Call for a personalised quote
- 1double bedroom first floor apartment
- Grade II listed building
- Lift servicing this floor
- Additional first floor storage space
- Lounge/diner linked directly to the kitchen
- EPC energy rating C (75)
PURCHASING THIS PROPERTY WITH A LIFETIME LEASE
This property is offered at a reduced price for people aged over 60 through Homewise’s Home for Life Plan. Through the Home for Life Plan, anyone aged over sixty can purchase a lifetime lease on this property which discounts the price from its full market value. The size of the discount you are entitled to depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria and could be anywhere between 8.5% and 59% from the property’s full market value. The above price is for guidance only. It is based on our average discount and would be the estimated price payable by a 69-year-old single male. As such, the price you would pay could be higher or lower than this figure.For more information or a personalised quote, just give us a call. Alternatively, if you are under 60 or would like to purchase this property without a Home for Life Plan at its full market price of £150,000, please contact Ward & Partners.
A period Grade II listed cliff-top building is the location for this first floor apartment in Folkestone, serviced by a lift as well as stairs, and located in a really special place. Ground floor communal access is secured by a door entry system, with side key access leading to a path directly to the stunning communal gardens and seating areas to the rear of the building. Stand on the raised garden area for views of the sea and take the path down to the Harbour Arm and dine in the famous Rocksalt restaurant, followed by a glass of champagne at the Lighthouse Bar.From the front of the building, a short walk down the hill results in quick foot access to the harbour and all of the local amenities on offer there. Evenings and weekends in particular are a joy, with the cobble stones of The Old High Street leading up into Folkestone’s Creative Quarter, pausing as you take time to walk up, browsing at the local craft shops and enjoying a coffee and cake break as you do so. Commuters will delight in the ease of access to HS1 and the 55 minute journey only to London, to return to coastal living and a life by the sea.
What the Owner says:
I just love my apartment! Being on the first floor gives an added sense of security and I really enjoy grabbing a book and relaxing in the lovely gardens and taking an evening walk down to the Harbour Arm. My lounge has an off-set additional seating area that feels like another room but is still open plan to the main living space and is a joy. Plenty of space in the bedroom and a bath to relax in after a hard day’s work just caps it all off! The car is safe in the dedicated space in the car park to the side as well.
- FIRST FLOOR
- Entrance Hall: 14'10 x 2'8 (4.52m x 0.81m)
- Lounge Area: 17'2 x 10'4 (5.24m x 3.15m)
- Kitchen Area: 6'11 x 6'7 (2.11m x 2.01m)
- Dining/Seating Area: 7'0 x 6'9 (2.14m x 2.06m)
- Bedroom: 13'6 x 8'0 (4.12m x 2.44m)
- Bathroom: 8'3 x 6'0 (2.52m x 1.83m)
- Communal Gardens
- Allocated Parking
- Lounge Area: 17'2 x 10'4 (5.24m x 3.15m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose. Suitable as a retirement home.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60268685.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 12633959. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Homewise, Worthing. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.